Home Q & A Forum
Options

Abstract of title Wall Street

BXBOY143BXBOY143 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭

I have obtained extremely old in great condition abstract of the title from wall Street amongst other writings with blueprint maps etc. etc. just trying to figure out if anyone could point me in the right direction as to finding about getting it appraised? Or if anyone here might have some insight.

if this post gets interest I will upload more pictures

Comments

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Google shall assist you in locating an antique document dealer who can assess the value of the grouping. Especially in determining what is an original and what is a copy. Good luck. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

@Namvet69 said:
    The Google shall assist you in locating an antique document dealer who can assess the value of the grouping. Especially in determining what is an original and what is a copy. Good luck. Peace Roy

I’ve searched google harder than the TSA in NY & any places I’ve tried to contact have not returned an email, since November. either it’s worth nothing & they don’t want to bother or something & they don’t know lol 😋🤙🏽 I’ve even tried contacting someone from the Museum of modern finance in New York City no one has gotten back to me

• Options

@BXBOY143 so here's a thought, maybe the current owners of those 2 parcels would be interested, if the property still exists. Or a Wall Street real estate broker. Good luck. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 6, 2021 3:24PM

There is a smallish but very reputable outfit called Cohasco in NY. They deal in historical autographs & documents.

If anyone knows about potential value, they would. I suspect it is not worth a ton of money but they would know how to market it if there is any value.

They do an annual mail bid auction in April or so, which means they are probably prepping the catalogue now. You should contact them ASAP.

As @Namvet69 suggested, the likely market is in NYC. The downside is that it seems to be a lengthy record of who owned the title to that property, and is not something that can be readily framed and displayed.

• Options
    edited March 6, 2021 6:22PM

I googled them. They are easy to find. Yonkers. NY. Also known as Document Preservation Center.

I guess their auction schedule is a bit off, so I am not sure when the next one is.

• Options

@BXBOY143 Another thought, what is the most current dated document in the group? Given the typed documents, I wonder if this is a typical title search group for a sales transfer to a buyer in the 1890's or there about. Let us know what you do. Peace Roy

• Options

Yeah, looks like a title search document from the 1890s. I suspect it is mainly a curiosity.

• Options

Thanks for all the replies very much appreciated :-)
    I’ll definitely be giving them a call/email 🤙🏽🙏🏽

These are all the pictures I took if anyone wanted to see the the whole thing.

Many blessings and best regards to all

-Paul

• Options

@BXBOY143 I would also focus on any signatures. I think one is Edward W. Sheldon. He does come up in a Google search but I am not sure he was famous enough to merit a premium. But you never know.

• Options

@BXBOY143 read alot of the filings, a who's who of notable New Yorkers, Schermerhorn, Verplanck, Van Cleef, and many more. Also mentioned the Merchants Exchange, which burned down in the 1830's. Lesson in don't die without a Last Will and Testament. Peace Roy