Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Found these in a garbage can next to the coin machine at my bank. Please don't laugh. Lol.

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 4, 2021 1:25AM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

Yep, I always check the can. Been mighty successful in digging in there. Found these three beauties.

Silver Baby!

Then this. Mintage= 1,000,000 92% Silver

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,948 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hate to think what else was in the trash can. I'll bet it wasn't silver!

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    BailathaclBailathacl Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

One man’s trash....

"The Internet? Is that thing still around??" - Homer Simpson
  • Options

The 1888, might be the RPD? The Last 8 variety.

My Coin

One Selling on Ebay, RPD

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

• Options
    edited March 11, 2021 3:20AM

Another GCH.

Yes, check out what the owner was throwing away at my favorite B+M shop. Don't worry. The garbage can was only for plastic and paper. To me, these are too cool to toss. Check em out.
    Did these come from the Mint?

• Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭✭

Wasn't me!! I just checked my list, and I still have all 3 nickel dates listed as present & accounted for! :);)

• Options
    EagleScout2017EagleScout2017 Posts: 238 ✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:
    Yep, I always check the can. Been mighty successful in digging in there. Found these three beauties.

Silver Baby!

Then this. Mintage= 1,000,000 92% Silver

Awkward staring is a small price to pay for free silver.

delenda est WitterU

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,792 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those cases are not US Mint, but are great for storage.

• Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭✭

Can't believe anyone would discard those....... such a shame. But at least they found their way to a good home!! I just recently found several beat-up U.S. coins in my bank's coin machine's reject slot - - along with several nice shiny Canadian dimes & quarters. First time in a while! Maybe all coin machines should come with signs & a "take a penny - leave a penny" jar where people can put & search thru all discards...... doubt it would work (instead, someone would likely just scoop everything up anyway), but it COULD bring new collectors into the fold based on something they found/left!