Home Sports Talk

Washington getting rid of Alex Smith

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks like Washington is getting rid of Alex Smith, and Smith has some pretty bad things to say about it. Here is what he said:

"When I decided to come back, I definitely threw a wrench in the team's plan. They didn't see it, didn't want me there, didn't want me to be a part of it, didn't want me to be on the team, the roster, didn't want to give me a chance. Mind you, it was a whole new regime, they came in, I'm like the leftovers and I'm hurt and I'm this liability. Heck no they didn't want me there."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/alex-smith-to-reportedly-be-released-by-washington-football-team-could-he-land-elsewhere/ar-BB1e7SWh

Comments

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

He can be Watson's backup in AZ.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

He might look ok in a Pats uniform for a year or two

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    He might look ok in a Pats uniform for a year or two

m

i love the guy but on every play I would be waiting for a career ending injury.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

they were talking on the radio yesterday about Smith coming to NE. would be better than cam

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2, 2021 11:07AM

One thing about Smith, he knows how to get wins. Wherever he goes, he can get wins. I wonder if Washington is getting rid of him because they liked what they saw from Taylor Heinicke in that playoff game against the Bucs. Even though Washington lost that game, Heinicke did play pretty well.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great guy but not a winner

• GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Alex Smith would make a solid back-up at this point. Can you count on him to play 16 games? Not sure if the body will hold up and you can't blame the Washington Football team for the decision.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd take him NE, if he is healthy enough, over Cam.

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:
    One thing about Smith, he knows how to get wins. Wherever he goes, he can get wins.

🤔 😂😂😂😂

• TabeTabe Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    It looks like Washington is getting rid of Alex Smith, and Smith has some pretty bad things to say about it. Here is what he said:

"When I decided to come back, I definitely threw a wrench in the team's plan. They didn't see it, didn't want me there, didn't want me to be a part of it, didn't want me to be on the team, the roster, didn't want to give me a chance. Mind you, it was a whole new regime, they came in, I'm like the leftovers and I'm hurt and I'm this liability. Heck no they didn't want me there."

I disagree that these are "pretty bad things" that he said. They are reality. He DID throw a wrench in their plans. He was a holdover from the previous leadership and they didn't know what they were going to get. And anything he did was just going to take time away from the guys they did want there. To me, I don't think he sounds bitter, I don't think he's criticizing, none of that. It's just a brutally honest take on what was a difficult situation.

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:
    One thing about Smith, he knows how to get wins. Wherever he goes, he can get wins.

🤔 😂😂😂😂

Ok, ok, Double D is allowed to screw up every now and then. 😂😂

@Tabe said:

@doubledragon said:

I disagree that these are "pretty bad things" that he said. They are reality. He DID throw a wrench in their plans. He was a holdover from the previous leadership and they didn't know what they were going to get. And anything he did was just going to take time away from the guys they did want there. To me, I don't think he sounds bitter, I don't think he's criticizing, none of that. It's just a brutally honest take on what was a difficult situation.

I think that @Tabe is misinterpreting @doubledragon here. Anyone?

@thisistheshow said:

@Tabe said:

@doubledragon said:

I think that @Tabe is misinterpreting @doubledragon here. Anyone?

I can't get anything right today in this Alex Smith thread. This thread is cursed, get out while you still can!

This thread is cursed I say!

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

🤔 😂😂😂😂

Hahaha your OK Double D! Did you know that Alex Smith went an entire season without throwing a TD pass to a WR? That is pretty tough lol.

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

🤔 😂😂😂😂

Hahaha your OK Double D! Did you know that Alex Smith went an entire season without throwing a TD pass to a WR? That is pretty tough lol.

No, I didn't know that. That is horrible. Double D didn't do his research today and it came back to bite him! 😂😂

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

🤔 😂😂😂😂

cam did this last year too right? :D or maybe thats next year :#