Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Pokemon 1st Edition Fossil & Jungle Boxes

Looking for some selling advice.

Right now I have 16 sealed booster boxes of 1st Edition Pokemon cards. Five boxes are Jungle and eleven are Fossil. They are brand new and sealed in the boxes with the WSC clear plastic wrap.

I would like to sell them but am not sure how to proceed. Should I sell each sealed box or should I open up the boxes and sell each sealed pack separately? If I sell by the pack should I send them in to PSA for grading?

I have looked on Ebay and packs that are PSA graded with a 9 or 10 condition are selling for much higher than nongraded packs.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Comments

• Options

Looks like Sealed Booster boxes are selling for around 20k each, where as the individual packs are ranging from 200-450. Selling individual packs seems like it would net you less $ and take more work. Not too sure on opening the boxes and grading the packs as it will be costly to get them graded and take a decent amount of time currently for the grading process. I would say the best bet is to sell the sealed boxes, perhaps get them authenticated to draw more attention/higher bidding? Or potentially consign them to an auction house for minimal risk

• Options
    coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭

Sell them sealed

Have heritage auctions sell them. They deal with those

• Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Consign with an auction house and sell as boxes. I would personally deliver them to the auction house. This is a good road trip ! You don't want to deal with potential returns here. Good luck.

• Options
    gregzoegregzoe Posts: 3
    edited March 2, 2021 11:46AM

I get what your saying, selling the boxes sealed was my first thought. I was concerned selling such an expensive and getting ripped off. I thought selling the packs separately would be less risky.

The reason I wanted to have them graded was because the packs are selling in the $200-450 range, however the packs graded at 9-10 are selling for close to $1000+. I don't mind waiting for the grading process if it will get me more profit.

Just wondering how many packs in each box would actually be graded a 9-10.

• Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭✭

I am of the mindset that I would sell the sealed boxes. I, too, would go with a major auction house and negotiate on the seller fees.

> [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    BatpigBatpig Posts: 460 ✭✭✭

Sell the sealed boxes. You’ll be disappointed by the pack grades and you can’t undo ripping a box open. Also, don’t sell them all in one shot. Let them trickle out. Sell 1 at a time through an AH if you don’t mind waiting. Max 2 per auction if you need the money faster. If these all drop at the same time, your sale prices won’t be as strong. If you don’t especially need the money, I’d sit on them. The prices on these aren’t going down any time soon.

• Options

Thanks for the responses, I am going to go with your recommendations and leave them sealed. I am not in a hurry to sell them, but I was concerned about the economy and wonder if the prices will go up or down in the future.

I still can't believe they sell for such high prices and I don't want to sell them too soon just in case the prices continue to rise.

• Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭✭

@gregzoe said:
    Thanks for the responses, I am going to go with your recommendations and leave them sealed. I am not in a hurry to sell them, but I was concerned about the economy and wonder if the prices will go up or down in the future.

I still can't believe they sell for such high prices and I don't want to sell them too soon just in case the prices continue to rise.

Please don't worry too much about timing the market perfectly. Odds are, you won't. Sell when you need to or want to, and sell them one or two at a time. Maybe sell a couple now to cash in and hold the rest.

> [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll take the other side - grade a box and see how you do. That said, I am sure that, for the most part, only the packs that weigh out light go to PSA and the heavies get sold on ebay or busted. I see too many packs on scales on ebay to think otherwise.

Mike
    Bosox1976