Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mike Trout Diamond Anniversary

I am finding it more and more difficult to use eBay with all the problems with buyers as well as eBay.

My newest problem is I received my Mike Trout RCs back from PSA. Getting some of them listed a couple weeks ago got me $9300 for the Diamond Anniversary PSA 9. Person also bought my eTopps Minor League PSA 9 for $1300.

Now they are filing a claim because card is "not as described" and said the card was darker than my scans and he was looking for something more like a PSA 10?!?! Cant get anyone at eBay to help me and they are continuing to respond with I need to process request because it is not a "buyers remorse" as I suggested but did point out that my scans are clear and PSA is respected 3rd party grading company. Not to mention he included one partial picture in his claim that shows part of card with shadow on part and light on the other part.

Do I have a shot at winning this claim?

To make it worse I insured it though stamps.com because I couldn't find anywhere else to insure due to limits. I charged $25 to the buyer not knowing it would cost me $130 to insure. Now if it is returned I am out the $9300 plus $260.30 to insure it coming back. Yes I need it insured since I had another donk request a return on a "damaged set" that was in a box with packing peanuts and part of box got nicked by UPS.

Pretty sure I will be done with eBay. Not worth the hassles I am getting with items like this.

Comments

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2, 2021 7:53AM

Watch out for a fake slab coming back.

These kind of shenanigans are the new norm with the sneakerheads etc joining the “hobby”. Wait, see if prices run up, If not, return. They don’t care about the card in fact it could be any asset a card just happens to be the vehicle of choice.

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭

that sucks man. I'm dealing with a very similar shady issue from a buyer, but a lot less money is involved. Its very frustrating and these clowns don't even realize that their actions will continue to put sellers out of business and before you know it, there are only a few big players left selling.

Jeff

I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭

Thus why people use PWCC, Probstein and the like for selling high dollar cards.

Robb

• Options

He is now threatening a eBay Money Back Guarantee claim. His reason is that there are different levels of a 9 and mine was a bottom their PSA 9. I did not describe it as that according to him. WTF!?!?!?!? seriously?

One reason I do not want to accept the card is for the fake return.

I am definitely done with eBay. While they were nice on the phone they said I will be passed on to the special team that deals with high value item.

My biggest fear is eBay sides with him and he keeps the item and the money.

Glad to expose David Pelta in Maryland with an eBay ID of spiffy39 for being dishonest and can't answer to his wife why he just sent $9300 on a baseball card and now makes up an excuse of not as described.

Terrible...

• Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

@promodeltodd said:
    He is now threatening a eBay Money Back Guarantee claim. His reason is that there are different levels of a 9 and mine was a bottom their PSA 9. I did not describe it as that according to him. WTF!?!?!?!? seriously?

One reason I do not want to accept the card is for the fake return.

I am definitely done with eBay. While they were nice on the phone they said I will be passed on to the special team that deals with high value item.

My biggest fear is eBay sides with him and he keeps the item and the money.

Glad to expose David Pelta in Maryland with an eBay ID of spiffy39 for being dishonest and can't answer to his wife why he just sent $9300 on a baseball card and now makes up an excuse of not as described.

Terrible...

Looks like he’s a Realtor. That organization may want to know about a member that scams people. I mean, if you get the wrong card back or he keeps it and the money.

• Options
    76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭

Add deb28605 to your list as well to save yourself more future headaches. This person likes to try to bust things out of PSA cases then try to return the item as damaged.

I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • Options

eBay is siding with him. They claim because they cannot see the item they cant confirm or deny the condition of item that matches description and pictures. It sure is obvious and I am now out the shipping costs both ways. I am now done with eBay.

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭✭✭

how can PSA graded cards not be as described?

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options

Buyer claims there are different levels of PSA 9 grades. Mine did not meet his high standards. Glad he didn't bid on my PSA 10. He would have said it isn't perfect enough.

eBay sent back a quick response to my response. They claim that in a perfect world we would all get along and things would work out for me. Because it isn't a perfect world they are siding with the buyer and I can still try to work something out with the buyer to come to some agreement.

Good news is I just pulled all but one auction that has a bid. I am done with ebay until I get my card back safely. Then I will have one GRAND Ole listing...

• Options
    sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭

@Alfonz24 said: how can PSA graded cards not be as described?

Ebay Always sides with buyer!! I had a PSA 10 returned as "item not as described".

@promodeltodd : do not release funds until your card is returned safely. Buyer should return it with some sort of signature to prove delivery..... stall, don't pick up from PO for five days, funds can't be released until delivery to you. Feel fortunate that you are not paying for a chargeback on the buyers credit card. Final value fee from Ebay? It'll be a credit to your sellers account or you'll have to fight for that also. Open a dispute against the buyer that the card is not in same condition as you sent it. Good luck...... If buyer went straight to credit card holder and did a charge back then you're screwed.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

unfortunately this is becoming more and more common with ebay. I would just be super nice to buyer and hope he returns your card and in one piece.

I remember back in the 90's sending money orders through the mail. i also remember as a seller getting envelopes full of cash from buyers. I may be seeing it with rose-colored glasses, but I dont remember nearly as many problems with ebay then as i do now.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

@fergie23 said:
    Thus why people use PWCC, Probstein and the like for selling high dollar cards.

Robb

I agree. Many of us have been burned in the past.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

Feebay doesn’t care about sellers anymore because they get their fees either way. Never sell anything on eBay you won’t give away for free. It happens with everything being sold on eBay now. Best of luck to you.

• Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    unfortunately this is becoming more and more common with ebay. I would just be super nice to buyer and hope he returns your card and in one piece.

I remember back in the 90's sending money orders through the mail. i also remember as a seller getting envelopes full of cash from buyers. I may be seeing it with rose-colored glasses, but I dont remember nearly as many problems with ebay then as i do now.

I agree with you, but I will say that in the 90's the buyer didn't have any protection. I was scammed out of $180 once by a seller selling a collection. It had (3) 1986 Fleer Jordan's, supposedly. I never received anything and had no way to get any back. So, as a buyer, I definitely am more free now to buy stuff on ebay because of all the protection. While it certainly can come back to bite sellers sometimes, please remember that some buyers are spending more because of the rules put in place.

> [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought a seller had protection on eBay from credit card chargebacks? Is that not true?

Shane