Home Sports Talk

Is Drew Brees having second thoughts about retiring?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Drew Brees was seen in a video working out by pushing a heavy sled. This video has Twitter buzzing!

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

He isn’t going to retire in my opinion. He never came out and said he was anyways, he got the crap beat out of him last year so everyone assumed he would. I think he got motivated again by Brady winning the Super Bowl

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    He isn’t going to retire in my opinion. He never came out and said he was anyways, he got the crap beat out of him last year so everyone assumed he would. I think he got motivated again by Brady winning the Super Bowl

That is one of the stories circulating, that watching Brady win that Super Bowl motivated him. I can't see him retiring just yet, I think he still wants one more ring.

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

That is one of the stories circulating, that watching Brady win that Super Bowl motivated him. I can't see him retiring just yet, I think he still wants one more ring.

The Saints have a good team, I’m not sure what the status of Thomas is but he needs to be on the team and they definitely need another WR, everything else seems to be ok except Brees poor play last year. If he is recovered from his injuries then I can understand him having the itch to try another run at it but is it worth it? I say go enjoy your money, family and health rather than chase another ring but if he is like Brady there is something to be said about doing what you love

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog, Well said. They might can make a serious run if he does come back, but it will be tough getting past the Brady and the Bucs. The Saints will need all of the pieces back, and Brees will have to stay healthy and play very well to have a legitimate shot at a Super Bowl. We'll see what happens, I'll stay on top of the story!

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw this video. I do think he will be back. I am glad because I just love all the graphics on gameday of brees and brady leapfrogging each other for all time stats.

the interesting thing is that just before the super bowl, Brees renegotiated his contract from 25 million to just under one million. everyone at the time thought it was to free up cap space for when he retired on June 2nd.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

He's coming back. The absolute beating he took and still played last year...he wants to play.

edited March 2, 2021 8:30AM

Brady won’t be happy since he wants the all time career passing yardage record!

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Brady won’t be happy since he wants the all time career passing yardage record!

I think you can pencil in Drew missing 5 or 6 games due to injury. I think Brady is only 1k or so yards behind him. so He should still be able to pass him

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

If Brees is back for another year, that just means Brady plays until atleast 46.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of the NFL "inside" guys , I forget who, had the retirement story before that last game. I believe that Brees did put that story out, and expected to be asked about it after a win. But he lost. And then he didn't talk about it.

• TabeTabe Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pushing a sled around isn't going to make it so he can throw the ball more than 10 yards,