Home Sports Talk

JJ Watt heading to the Cardinals

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good dude.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Adding to the collection of Texans scraps, Watson is next.

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:

Think they bail on Kyler?

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, Dwight Evans, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:

@LarkinCollector said:

No way that will happen

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

JJ Watt will help them, the question is how many games they get out of him. he would have fit nicely in Cleveland opposite Myles Garrett, but the same question loomed large and they decided to pass.

consider --- in the past five seasons JJ Watt has played in 48 of 80 games. to my mind, that makes him unreliable and a drain on payroll. Cleveland must figure they can "rent" someone else later in the off-season and get a better return.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

wow, i am stunned they signed him to that kind of contract 2 years 31mil/23 mil guaranteed.
    a 31 year old edge rusher with a history of serious injury. that is a big cap hit for a big risk.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

He's a great player IF he's healthy. That is always my concern with him, he gets injured a lot.

Yea he is capable of being an impact player and wrecking opponents game plans when he is in there, everyone knows his injury history so it’s a gamble like any other signing. I just didn’t realize the Cards were in the running for him

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 1, 2021 12:49PM

@DBesse27 said:

@LarkinCollector said:

No idea, just speculating since we seem to pick up all the Houston castaways.

ETA: I apologize in advance if my cavalier usage of "castaways" offends any Gilliganites who may peruse this forum.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

it's a complicated multi-trade, but i can totes see it happening. never underestimate Houston's proclivity to wheel-n-deal to make things happen

Cards get:
    Deshaun Watson
    David Johnson
    Bill O'Brien

Texans get:
    Kyler Murray
    DeAndre Hopkins

then

Cards get:
    Kyler Murray
    DeAndre Hopkins

Texans get:
    Bill O'Brien

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 1, 2021 1:18PM

If the Cardinals dump Kyler Murray for JJ Watt it only goes to confirm my take that the Murray phenomenon is 90% hype and that the Cards front office is doing high fives and backflips for pulling one over on everybody. People see what they want to see but good press does not equal good on field performance. Murray is overrated. Very overrated.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 1, 2021 1:55PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What makes you think they are dumping Murray for JJ Watt? Where did that come from. They aren't considering it.

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great player when he was healthy. I’m glad the Bills tool a flyer on $17M for half a season. The best ability is availability.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
    edited March 1, 2021 4:43PM

@Hydrant said:
    If the Cardinals dump Kyler Murray for JJ Watt it only goes to confirm my take that the Murray phenomenon is 90% hype and that the Cards front office is doing high fives and backflips for pulling one over on everybody. People see what they want to see but good press does not equal good on field performance. Murray is overrated. Very overrated.

Why do you say he is so overrated? He is a better passer than Lamar Jax and can run pretty good, not to mention he is like 22 or 23 and progressed last year

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:

Wont go as far as saying he’s overrated (he is) but it won’t take the league long to catch up to him. Film and adjustments. Jax found out and it only goes down hill from here. Unless Murray changes his style of play and becomes more like Brees the league will only be tougher for him. But the NFL loves to hype exciting players and we can’t blame them for that even though good old boring Brady wins Super Bowls.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

the owner media spin machine has kicked into overdrive . Watt is overpaid garbage is the outgoing message being broadcast.

This signing takes the wind out of the previous"The cap will be down so market prices will be low this year"

Boston sports talk message" ARIZONA IS STOOOPID " straight from the team to the media lapdogs

The real story? :D the patriots are screwed now they wont manage to sign anyone and Cam will be back :D

edited March 2, 2021 8:49AM

@Justacommeman said:
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What makes you think they are dumping Murray for JJ Watt? Where did that come from. They aren't considering it.

m

You made me think it. I guess I'm not understanding something here. Not the first time. Won't be the last.

Edit; O.k., my screwup. I'm confusing Watson and Watts. You know......both names start with WAT. I'm an idiot!

edited March 2, 2021 9:06AM

I think Watt will be a good addition for the Cardinals. They need all the help they can get.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

All good Hydrant. Now if the Cards can pull off a Murray for Watson trade you are taking something.

m