Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Ok, this is just getting silly.

YouTube celeb Logan Paul did a live Pokemon pack pull. If you didn't get in on it, you can buy NFTs (digitally numbered videos) of each card for between $5,000 and $20,000.

Previous ones have sold out for as much as $38,500.

https://shopnfts.net/

Comments

• Options
    emaremar Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭

A fool and his money are soon parted

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait what? This much money for digital cards?

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    weaselpuppyweaselpuppy Posts: 218 ✭✭✭

NBA Top Shot cards/"moments" at 6 figures....

• Options
    Copyboy1Copyboy1 Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭

@coolstanley said:

Not even for digital cards! For a VIDEO of someone showing off the card!

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

torn on this one and similar things like top shot. while i don't get it, there appears to be a market for these things. more power to whoever's cashing in on these things.

it's like someone sitting at the self service stand at mcdonald's and charging for napkins, straws & ketchup.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,263 ✭✭✭✭✭

Must be signed by Pokemon.

It's a very rare autograph.

• Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Copyboy1 said:

@coolstanley said:

Not even for digital cards! For a VIDEO of someone showing off the card!

Classic development of derivatives market.

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

What am I looking at?

• Options
    Kepper19Kepper19 Posts: 317 ✭✭✭

people are nuts

• Options
    dtsagent9dtsagent9 Posts: 69 ✭✭✭

I don't get it. What exactly are people buying for 5k-20K

• Options

@dtsagent9 said:

They're paying $20,000 for a limited-edition video of someone opening a pack and pulling a specific card.

Take your time and read that again. And yes, it's as crazy as it sounds.

• Options
    Kepper19Kepper19 Posts: 317 ✭✭✭

if people have this much money to throw around on such frivolous things, it's no wonder that tangible sports cards are selling for so much -- does this mean the Youtube box breakers are going to try to make add'l money by selling rights to the videos of their box breaks? Good grief...how did people who are buying these kinds of things come to have so much money? Making purchases like this, you'd wonder how they were able to amass sums of money that they can "throw" at these video clips

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 28, 2021 10:33PM

Hmmm, I'm willing to sell the ORIGINAL of my first PSA submission form filled out in 1999. 1969 Topps PSA 8 Reggie Jackson, Mickey Mantle, Nolan Ryan and PSA 9 Roberto Clemente. $10,000 to the first taker!!

• Options

@gemint said:
    Hmmm, I'm willing to sell the ORIGINAL of my first PSA submission form filled out in 1999. 1969 Topps PSA 8 Reggie Jackson, Mickey Mantle, Nolan Ryan and PSA 9 Roberto Clemente. $10,000 to the first taker!!

For a mere $5,000, I'll sell the shoebox my 1986 Jordan (which I'm positive was a 10 ;) ) use to be in before I sold it in 1989.

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lets just sell this conversation about this conversation.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭✭

Last I checked having a picture of a card does not count as having it in your collection. Same goes with my other hobby (video games)...having a collection of ROMs on your Everdrive does not count! Only actual cartridges/discs that you own "count" as being a part of your collection.

Do you guys get the difference?

WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m selling copies of my wedding video for half a million. Actually, I’ll pay anyone that to take them off my hands.

• Options
    BatpigBatpig Posts: 460 ✭✭✭

At first this seems unbelievable, but then I see my son watching videos of someone else playing video games, and it becomes clearer.

• Options
    PastaBoyPastaBoy Posts: 178 ✭✭✭

@batpig LOL! I feel the same way and rib my son about how he can stand to watch someone else play for hours instead of just playing. Still don't understand it tbph.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

its crazy to me. but then, I don't even get a real paycheck or actual money on payday. I just get an email that numbers were digitally transferred from my employers account into my account.

I haven't had physical U.S. Dollars in my pocket for a very long time.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Copyboy1 said:

@dtsagent9 said:

They're paying $20,000 for a limited-edition video of someone opening a pack and pulling a specific card.

Take your time and read that again. And yes, it's as crazy as it sounds.

How much for a limited-edition video of someone watching the limited-edition video of someone opening a pack and pulling a specific card.

It's the singer not the song - Peter Townshend (1972)

• Options
    weaselpuppyweaselpuppy Posts: 218 ✭✭✭

How far behind is an options market on the assets held by the limited number of investors on a Rally/Collectable/Dibbs/TopShot card/moment/purse/lambo etc?