Home U.S. Coin Forum

Super unusual toning, to me anyway...in a super fun roll with a V75 right behind it!!!

KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just did a bunch of quarter rolls...got one roll that was particularly fun with 3 fun finds in a row!

In my fairly limited toner experience yellow and orange is darn unusual.
Tried to get angles that show it honestly the way I see it straight on when the camera isn't in the way of the natural light...

The more straight on I view it the more the orange tone all over pops out with blueish green and touch of pink.

Right behind the toner was my 2nd ever V75!!!

Right in front of and up against that toner was a fun 'Quart' Dollar :blush: Which you can see has just a touch of that same orange on the eagle's head.

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

Comments

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, I like the colors! Congrats. on the 2nd W/V75. It would have been your 3rd, if the 1st place winner in my Giveaway, would have chosen the 1942d over Horizontal d. Instead, he wanted the W coin? I thought for sure he would have chosen the Jefferson variety over the W Quarter. Oh well, to each his own, I guess? Lol. You'll find more W's I'm sure. ;)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very cool. Got a pic of the obverse on that bottom one?

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 28, 2021 4:03PM

@ms70 said:
    Very cool. Got a pic of the obverse on that bottom one?

Here you go...

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wanted to see if I could figure out what happened to it. Maybe it was a laundromat quarter?

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like your pictures.

@Jimnight said:
    I like your pictures.

Thank you very much!

Coins are Neato!

I just had to add this...in the very last quarter roll just now!!!
    @joeykoins had wished me silver for this hunt...that boy is gold! :wink:

I genuinely can't even remember the last time I found a silver quarter in a modern roll!

Coins are Neato!

• BJandTundraBJandTundra Posts: 383 ✭✭✭✭

That "Arches " quarter must have been at at a coin show. Got mustard stains all over it.

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kurisu said:
    I just had to add this...in the very last quarter roll just now!!!
    @joeykoins had wished me silver for this hunt...that boy is gold! :wink:

:D Congrats. Glad for you, dude. Now, go and hunt down those elusive, W's. ;)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file