Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Medals by Louis-Oscar Roty . . .

I must admit that I am smitten. The Marianne medals by this French engraver are a thing to behold. However I really feel the need to dig deeper into this rabbit hole and find one or two of what seems to be some of his more obscure works.

I'm looking for resources other than Ebay for hard to find medals and exonumia. What say you?

Just because any thread without photos is worthless, here are a couple of Roty's I have been fortunate enough to acquire this far.

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

Comments

• Options
    angelo43angelo43 Posts: 61 ✭✭✭

Take a look at Heritage in a couple weeks, some of my French Medals are coming up for sale. I don't know much about them but you might be able to get the catalog numbers or name from the descriptions

• Options
    carabonnaircarabonnair Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have bought a couple on Delcampe.net

• Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am selling one in the US Coins BST

• Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 4, 2021 12:22AM

I believe Roty did the Cooper Union (my alma mater) medal of 1909. They stopped giving them out long before I graduated!

Details here.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

Check out historicalartmedals.com a lot of great collections to search. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall