Home Sports Talk
Options

News from the best pro golf tour.

DarinDarin Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

Annika Sorenstam made the cut but faltered today in third round action.
Nelly Korda took the lead in a closely contested battle.
At 7pm central I will be switching back and forth between the LPGA third round
and an apparently new squatch program called I saw bigfoot or something like that.
By the way the women should be on live TV and the men should be pushed back
toward the evening since it sucks watching them because they all have egos
the size of Texas.

Comments

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:

since it sucks watching them because they all have egos the size of Texas.

what led you to this conclusion?

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

For some reason this reminded me of a scramble I played in about 15-20 years ago. I love playing golf but I have always been a high handicapper. On one hole I hit the sweet spot on my driver. One of my longest and in the center of the fairway. When we got to my ball which was quite a bit longer and straighter than my playing partners, we noticed a marker only about 30 yards in front of my ball. One of my partners trotted up to read it. He hollered "Hey, Ralph... this is the long drive hole." I strutted around like I was the A player. As we hit our second shot and went past the marker I noticed it was the long drive for the women. The men's longest drive was another 75-100 ahead.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Brick said:
    For some reason this reminded me of a scramble I played in about 15-20 years ago. I love playing golf but I have always been a high handicapper. On one hole I hit the sweet spot on my driver. One of my longest and in the center of the fairway. When we got to my ball which was quite a bit longer and straighter than my playing partners, we noticed a marker only about 30 yards in front of my ball. One of my partners trotted up to read it. He hollered "Hey, Ralph... this is the long drive hole." I strutted around like I was the A player. As we hit our second shot and went past the marker I noticed it was the long drive for the women. The men's longest drive was another 75-100 ahead.

Lol! Great story!

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

Isn't Annika Sorenstam considered the GOAT of women's golf? Is this true, or am I mistaken?

• Options
    In4apennyIn4apenny Posts: 298 ✭✭✭

Look up Kathy Whitworth, 88 tour wins, more than any pro golfer.