Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2- Tony Gwynn rookie error cards. Perfectly placed error.

TyspiesTyspies Posts: 17
edited February 26, 2021 6:53PM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

I pulled these two rookies out of two mostly complete boxed sets. Didn’t expect to find errors at all. Does anyone know if there are any other out there like this? I love the top one with the diamond earring in the left ear. Way to keep it G Tony!! I’ve dubbed him The Tony “G” rookie. Thank you very much for any help. When you look closely the scratchy like imperfections are on the protective casings not on the cards.

Comments

• Options

They must work out really good at those practices.

• Options

I’m kinda wondering why nobody wants to respond to my questions? Am I being silly?

• Options
    stevegarveyfanstevegarveyfan Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 27, 2021 1:39AM

I knew his butt featured prominently in the photo. I was expecting to see brown spots on the cards right where his Pujols would be.

• Options
    swish54swish54 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭✭

I personally wouldn't call that an error on the top card. Just looks like a print defect to me. What are we looking at on the second card?

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

Top card is just a print defect. Thousands of cards of have them. What's going on with the second card?

Arthur

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tyspies said:
    I’m kinda wondering why nobody wants to respond to my questions? Am I being silly?

First, could you clearly state your question?

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 27, 2021 10:44AM

@Tyspies said:

All I see are 2 mid-grade Gwynn rookies. I don't see any earrings. I do see poop to the left of his head shot though!

FYI, random print defects are not considered errors... More like value killers!

• Options

Thanks for all the replies. In the shadow directly on the left earlobe location. A bright white dot.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

you made an error calling this an error. this is a print defect. and technically there needs to be an ear for an earring.

no clue what i'm looking for in the second gwynn card that actually has "err" written on it.

to err is human though. to forgive, devine.

• Options

Thank you for teaching me the proper terminology.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

An error is when they spell a name incorrectly or reverse a negative. Maybe leave out a period at the end of a sentence and then correct their mistakes. So it makes 2 cards, one corrected, one uncorrected. There are many uncorrected error cards that never were printed again and most have no added value.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

Thanks

• Options

We are pulling out the nice stuff as well.
    We appreciate all the help!🙂