Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

$199 Value on everything / Grade outcome opinions vs up-charge

Hello dear friends! Any history of the grades being effected when selecting the 'Value Modern'/$199 as example in order to simply get the cards in line to be graded? Will they resort to the up-charge (as they should) on each card instead of it effecting the grade? Further example - I sent in a couple cards in the Value Modern category - that should grade quite high and worth maybe $500-$100 or so, but I selected the $199 as that was all I could select and so I'm hoping they won't ding the grade and will resort to the up-charge if indeed they grade higher and are worth more than that $199. (All a good problem to have.) Thanks!

Comments

• Bdal231Bdal231 Posts: 20 ✭✭✭

The grade should not be affected by choosing $199 value.
    You will find yourself waiting 10 months and getting up charged for the cards versus 2 months of waiting.

• From my understanding they won't knock your grades for submitting a card in an undervalued sub. That would hurt their reputation as a grading company and plus they will still upcharge you and get the correct service level of money after grading. But If you over pay for a service level they don't give money back as you paid for that service level not necessarily the grade. Hope this helps!

• @Bdal231 said:
    You will find yourself waiting 10 months and getting up charged for the cards versus 2 months of waiting.

That's ridiculous - a 10 month wait - - so is it a punishment - or just angry I didn't select the whopping $200 and above immediate service...? Craziness. Or is this just your opinion vs facts ?

• @AJH008 said:
    From my understanding they won't knock your grades for submitting a card in an undervalued sub. That would hurt their reputation as a grading company and plus they will still upcharge you and get the correct service level of money after grading. But If you over pay for a service level they don't give money back as you paid for that service level not necessarily the grade. Hope this helps!

Agreed agreed - - thanks

• RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭✭

@8menout said:

@Bdal231 said:

That's ridiculous - a 10 month wait - - so is it a punishment - or just angry I didn't select the whopping $200 and above immediate service...? Craziness. Or is this just your opinion vs facts ?

You have to pay to play!! If you want them faster, you pay more.. If you want to pay less, then you get in the back of the line and wait your turn, which is 6-12 months for value subs.

• Bdal231Bdal231 Posts: 20 ✭✭✭

@8menout said:

@Bdal231 said:

For bulk orders the wait is 6-12 months for everyone. It is not a punishment. PSA wouldn’t even get to grading your bulk submission for 6 months at least.
    If you submit the card at the regular level it will take approximately 2 months to make it back to you.
    You decide how long you can wait.

• daltexdaltex Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm curious how badly you have to violate the TOS for PSA to simply refuse to grade your cards and yank your submitting privileges. Would sending, say, 20 $1000 cards as a Value submission do it? I mean there must be a threshold.

• RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 26, 2021 11:51PM

@daltex said:
    I'm curious how badly you have to violate the TOS for PSA to simply refuse to grade your cards and yank your submitting privileges. Would sending, say, 20 $1000 cards as a Value submission do it? I mean there must be a threshold.

Ban you for value subbing! I just think the person who does the up-charging would be scratching their head on why someone would rather wait 6-12 months AND end up paying $50 per card, when they could have just paid $50 at the beginning and got the cards back at 2 months.

Also, grades are never guaranteed, so it is not unreasonable for a submitter to possibly think the cards may only grade at $199 each. Now if you are submitting MJ rookies at value level........

I think banning would come into play if you are always sending in a high amount of cards that come back altered or something fishy.