Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Experience of BBCE authenication

I know BBCE authenticate wax boxes, vending boxes, Xmas packs etc. Does anyone has any negative experience of using BBCE?

I have been doing some research on authenticating oversize packs. It seems like those "holders" or "cases" that BBCE put those oversize packs in would squeeze those packs so tight and might end up crashing/damaging those corners of the pack. Anyone has experience or concerns of this matter?

I also heard the fee that BBCE charges are very random, it could be $50 this wk but next wk would be $60 for the same stuffs. Any thought about this?

Comments

• Options
    balco758balco758 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would let Steve babysit my kids.

• Options
    tkerstingtkersting Posts: 136 ✭✭✭

BBCE is the best.

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone complaining about Steve’s pricing does not understand how value works.

Mike
  • Options
    GansetttimeGansetttime Posts: 219 ✭✭✭

I have had boxes wrapped by Steve. No issues at all. I have also had rack packs wrapped, and they came back great. I wouldn't even stress for one second when submitting to him.
    For top dollar resale value and peace of mind, it is a no brainer.

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

I never had a bad experience with Steve or the staff at BBCE.

• Options

Steve is a gem. Amazing human.

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.
  • Options
    ArtVandelayArtVandelay Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭

Steve authenticates Christmas packs!?!?!

• Options
    bobbybradyjrbobbybradyjr Posts: 95 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2, 2021 10:12AM

Steve is the best in this crazy business.

• Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ArtVandelay said:

lol no

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ArtVandelay said:

Only those with the special candy cane headers :D

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭

Screenshot-20210227-075133-Chrome-2

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kyser said:
    I was about to ask about this company. Thanks for saving me the trouble. Sending Steve my first order next week. 1982 Topps Football grocery packs.

I would check with them first, but Steve made a blog entry on his site that due to the overwhelming orders he receives daily starting Feb 20th he will be on a semi pause (his words) and instituting these 3 rules for submissions:

1) Any and all factory sealed cases that need to be wrapped FASC can still be submitted. If the case is worth $100,000 or the case is worth $100, go ahead and ship it here. Factory sealed cases can be processed quickly as all I need to do is verify that they are still originally sealed. They can then go straight to wrapping/shipping. However, if the case is not still factory sealed, please hold off on submitting. In this case, every pack in every box needs to be looked over.

2) Any boxes (wax/rack/cello) from any sport can be submitted at this time if our buy price on it is $300 and higher. For example, you can submit any football box from 1986 and older, but please hold off on any football boxes 1987 and newer (except for 1989 Score football, which would be over the $300 threshold). For traded/update sets, you can submit your 1984 Fleer baseball update and 1984 USFL, but please hold off on other issues for now.

3) You can still submit any item of any value for the RUSH service. This service costs 15%, instead of the normal 8%. I realize that sometimes an item needs an answer right now as to its legitimacy and we don’t want to eliminate this service. As a reminder, please fill out the form online indicating rush and also write “RUSH” in bold letters on the outside of the package. Due to the amount of packages that come in daily, we may not look at some for weeks if this is not done.

• Options
    KyserKyser Posts: 213 ✭✭✭

Thank you for the additional information nam812. What I have are 32 loose grocery packs from 1982 football. I seen someone else selling a bundle of 12 I think Topps Football Grocery packs BCCE had wrapped. I was wanting to do the same for these. But being loose packs I am not real sure. I might need to call Steve Monday.

• Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

Steve is the best! Wish every business was run like his. His customer service is second to NONE

PackManInNC
  • Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd say ~85% of my unopened with stars/rookies showing collection is from packs/racks that I got from Steve that just came as a regular pack/rack purchase. Like, one time I tossed three packs of '85 Leaf into an order I was doing just for the hell of it and one of them had a Clemens RC on the back.

Arthur

• Options

Hi I was just on BCCE from what I read they will not authenticate vendor boxes. If anyone knows for sure I would appreciate an answer. I guess if not I might as well go though it. Thanks

• Options
    coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 27, 2021 12:16PM

They won't do individual vending boxes that you would send to them.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RAPTORSRULE04 said:
    Hi I was just on BCCE from what I read they will not authenticate vendor boxes. If anyone knows for sure I would appreciate an answer. I guess if not I might as well go though it. Thanks

Sealed cases only for vending.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

Their indiana office isn't too far from me. I am going to stop by and drop off/pick up to save on shipping.

• Options

Thanks grote15

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

@babyG said:
    Their Indiana office isn't too far from me. I am going to stop by and drop off/pick up to save on shipping.

Hi,
    I am not too far away either; do you know if I were to bring in a couple of Rack Packs to get wrapped, would they be able to wrap them that same day?
    The two rack packs I would like to get wrapped are keepers for me-- I would never sell or list them, can't really say/type which packs they are, a member here might be reading this and one of those wrapped racks is/are a "Thank you" gift.
    Thank you for all of your help

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Steve authenticates Christmas packs!?!?!"

No. Sorry that was Mark Murphy