Home Sports Talk
Options

How serious is Brady's knee?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

The GOAT is scheduled to have surgery on his left knee. The Bucs head coach Bruce Arians said it is going to be a simple "clean up", but now there's reports that it could be a bit more serious, and when the truth comes out about the injury to his left knee, it could add to his already legendary resume.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/tom-brady-expected-to-be-sidelined-for-several-months-after-undergoing-surgery-on-his-left-knee/amp/

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brady should retire, but he probably won't.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

He's already said he's going to play until he's 70. You know that Steve.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@stevek said:

I thought Brady just turned 70?

Sorry, my mistake.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 26, 2021 1:11PM

Hahaha I think it’s fine, I mean he had a great season and won a Super Bowl, got drunk on a boat parade, and went and had knee surgery. Who the heck thought he had a knee problem anyways lol

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly after giving it a seconds thought he probably did a clean up or maintenance surgery on it and will use it as an excuse to rest his bones and take it easy during training camp due to his old age. 🤷‍♂️

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is not unusual to find out, after a season in which he made every start, that Brady had a somewhat nagging injury that needs surgery. I remember several such stories over the years. Sometimes , if I remember, he had played a good amount of time with injuries that he could have used to shut down his season...but that wouldn't make sense when you only care about Super Bowls. He's in it to win it.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like he’s damaged goods, BB should see if the Bucs will take a 6th rounder for him. ;)

• Options
    PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 26, 2021 3:21PM

He needs to consider retirement. He is in his 40's I mean he may play another 1-2 years but it's time to pack up the show and move on with life.

He will be 44 this year you have to know when enough his enough in life.

Coin collecting interests: Latin America

Sports: NFL & NHL

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@stevek said:

70? why would he retire in his prime?

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

How serious is Brady's knee?

His right knee is pretty serious but his left knee tends to be kind of goofy.
    Kind of oddball humor but it comes up with some good ones every now and then.