Home Sports Talk
Options

Goalie combos

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 26, 2021 1:04AM in Sports Talk

Let's start a list of all the interesting combos over the years.

One combo per post. Can't go two posts in a row. Could be fun. Doesn't have to be the best, just memorable.

I'll start. I'm going to the mid sixties/ seventies with the Rangers Eddie Giacomin and Gilles Villemure Both very capable goalies with two opposite styles.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

1965 Boston Bruins

Bernie Parent / Gerry Cheevers

Bernie was sensational in the postseason and regular season. Cheevers was just a joy to watch. Plante came out of his net a lot, and gave his coaches fits when he did, but Cheevers took it to another level, skating up to near the blue line to challenge the opposition on breakaways or loose pucks. Plus, there just hasn't been a better mask in the NHL, ever.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 26, 2021 10:50AM

71-71 Minnesota North Stars

Cesare Maniago / Gump Worsley

Worsley (played without a mask) and stopped .933% of the shots. One of the best nic-names ever "The Gumper"!

Cesare also had a great name, he stopped .920% of the shots that year.

I can still hear Star's radio announcer Al Shaver yelling "OH MANIAGO!" after a big save.

Good times

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll take some low hanging fruit

The great Islander run featured goalies that basically split time.

Chico Resch and Billy Smith. What a one two punch

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......