Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

New to grading question - Tiger Woods Upper Deck 2001?

Hi folks -

Quick bio, stop me if you've heard this one before. I was a long-time collector in the 90's and like many have returned to the hobby as it has grown in recent months. Collected hundreds of Jeff Bagwell cards in the 90's and building up a Mookie Betts collection now.

Anywho, somehow grading has always escaped me. I've never sent a card in to be graded, and the process confuses me. I have two batches of cards that I'm considering grading and want to go with PSA.

First, some personal cards for my collection. A couple of Mookie's and some from my 90's collection. No rush. Don't need to pay a rush premium. Happy to wait months. Should I submit through the PSA site? ($50 per card?) or is there a trustworthy group sub way that makes the most sense economically?

Second, a couple of cards that I think might have some value in the short-term. I have no personal attachment to them and would be willing to sell if they gem. Best example is a 2001 Tiger Woods Upper Deck #1. From an ROI perspective, paying a premium for grading could be worth it. Looks like $200 per the site. Is there a better option?

Thank you!

Comments