Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PWCC auctions

I know there are several opinions out there on PWCC but I have a specific question (gripe) about listings. I’ve been looking for a a certain card in a certain minimum grade for a while. PWCC actually has two of them in an auction ending soon, and while I have a slight preference, I’d actually take either at my highest bid. Problem is, the two auctions end at the exact same time. So no way if I can tell if I’ve lost one before bidding on the other. And if I win both - well, I’d have some serious ‘splaining to do when the credit card bill came. Why wouldn’t they put at least a few minutes between the end of each auction?

Comments

• Options
    Copyboy1Copyboy1 Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭

I've always wondered about this too. They'll sometimes list 4 or 5 of the same grade, and 7 or 8 total of the same card - all ending at the same time. Seems crazy to flood the market and not just build off of the previous sale.

To your issue: sometimes they actually end 10-15 seconds apart (even though the listing looks like it ends at the same time). Open up two windows. Pre-input your bid and hit submit. Then confirm the first bid at the last second. See if you won. And then quickly switch over to the other one. It should have just a few seconds to go - enough to confirm that bid if you lost out on the first one.

• Options
    AC000000AC000000 Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
    edited February 25, 2021 3:59PM

I don’t know if this is something you want to take a chance on, but go all in on both. If you could not pay for both, contact them and see what the terms of a loan would be. They do offer loans with your cards as collateral. If you win both, well you own the cards, maybe they will grant a loan which you can then pay off by immediately putting one of the cards up for sale or auction with PWCC.
    I know this isn’t a great solution, but just something to think about.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

The paid versions of better snipe services usually have a "group bid" where you can set to win one (or a specified multiple) of a certain item within a "group". Once you win the limit set, future bids are not placed. This works perfect for the items ending a few seconds apart.

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

Group bidding with Gixen they still recommend having the auctions end 2 mins apart. Other program I use states 1 minute. I would be interested in one that can go seconds apart. I have wondered the same as the OP and have run into the same issue.