Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The 1993 Jeter -- worth getting graded?

Just found this jeter draft pick card and seems in decent shape but I've thought that on others so thoughts?

Looks like it sells well if good quality...

Thanks (hope I'm not over my asking ?s limit! :) )

Comments

• Options

Top left and right corners look to be dinged. Also, seems like there are maybe stains on the card...especially right edge and lower left corner?

• Options
    PastaBoyPastaBoy Posts: 175 ✭✭✭

Basically correct from what I'm seeing eyeballing it. But is it worth getting a grade even if not going for 7+ or just sell as is (eventually.) Thanks for your response @canyoubelieveit

• Options
    BatpigBatpig Posts: 460 ✭✭✭

Not worth grading. It probably won’t get a lot raw either with the issues pointed out.

• Options

I think this would grade as a 6 or 7 if not for the stains. My worry would be that it picks up a stain or marked qualifier in the grading process. Here are a couple examples of PSA 6's from ebay's previously sold. You can see the second one is pretty clean but still ended up a 6.

• Options

I have one of these too btw that I am finally going to send in. I was hoping for an 8 on mine:

• Options

Yours looks perfect to my untrained eye. Nice.

• Options
    balco758balco758 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sadly, the average card recovered from family home is often a PSA 1-5.

This doesn’t mean those cards were put in boxes / sleeves, or otherwise lacking “PSA 9 family love”; but it does mean, welcome to the world of pristine cardboard. Unfair, yep. But, no differently than classic cars, art, or other collectibles - condition is paramount.

If you end up sending in a “family home” found card and you get back a PSA 7, be thankful. Anything above a 7, you are lucky too!

• Options

"Home found" I like that description. Still fun going through them slowly. Seems some of NFL cards may have held up a slight bit better. Still sorting through some and have sleeves coming tomorrow for some - guess it's never too late. :)

Just found a seriously miscut Jim Plunkett rookie card to go along with that Eckersley one in other thread.

• Options

Revisiting Jeter since I've been slowly adding to my collection and happened along a '93 Jeter card for auction along with a full set+. Figured I'd go ahead and try to upgrade my poor quality one and actually won it. Really only wanted the card, but lot included 5 800-count boxes too. Anyway Fedex dropped them off today. I'm a bit shocked as I got not 1, not 2 but 4 of them in the lot. Wasn't expecting that at all! I just wanted the one in the picture! They all look better than my original that started this thread.

Made my day! Now to see of the box with 1993 Score set has a Jeter too.

• Options

It won't grade well, but sale raw and invest in a graded version! Best way!

• Options

@Historicalwood71 said:
    It won't grade well, but sale raw and invest in a graded version! Best way!

Old thread, old title from when I first found this place. Not planning on getting any graded as I missed that boat a long ways back and don't see myself paying that much (once PSA opens up again) for minimal, if any, return value. I was just happy to get 1 much less 3 extras!
    Also finished going through the boxes and found three 1993 Score Jeter draft pick cards as well. Not a bad cheap random pick-up overall - 3 full 1993 Topps sets, 1 1993 Topps set missing 9 cards, and 1 1993 Score set+ as well. Junk wax and all, but still helps my restart on collecting. :)