Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Another quick question, do miscut cards just get tossed?

I searched around and appears like some miscuts are ok but hard to gauge, so figured I'd ask. Here is one I found:

Another question, do you just send cards in for grading if you expect an 8 or better? Not worth it to submit for lower grades? Just curious as see lots of lower graded cards out there.

Thanks!

Best Answers

• 1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭

Sure.... you can toss in the mail to me! But seriously, some collectors of specific players might be interested but not at much of a premium.

• BatpigBatpig Posts: 460 ✭✭✭

For lower graded cards, it’s all dependent on the card. For example, pretty much any playing years Mantle is worth grading. For most cards though, it’s a matter of doing card by card cost benefit analysis. Also, the bar used to be much lower since there were $5 (or less) bulk specials. Those days are long gone, and you’re basically getting in at $13+ minimum after shipping, card savers, etc. With the new ownership, I wouldn’t be surprised to see bulk disappear as well, or at least jump to 20+ per card.

• daltexdaltex Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, it really all depends on the card. Some cards aren't worth grading if they might get a 9. Others are worth grading in a 1.

• canyoubelieveitcanyoubelieveit Posts: 239 ✭✭✭

Yes, look at Ebay sold listings for the card you are thinking about getting graded and see if you can find any recent sales of the card. That Jeter card you listed for example sells at around $30 at PSA 6. So, unless it was part of a bulk submission, it wouldn't be worth it (assuming your intent is to sell it). On the other hand, I have cards out for grading that I know are not worth it but I am doing it because I want them in my displayed collection and want them to look uniform.