Home Sports Talk
Options

Worst case of road rage I've heard of

hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 23, 2021 5:30PM in Sports Talk

and I live in SoCal, where road rage is more common than being polite .@Justacommeman, amiright?

an off-duty police department employee (cop) is driving a two lane mountainous road. He does something to piss off Mr. Road Rage (RR). As RR passes cop, he shoots at cop. cop catches up to RR car now parked at side of road (it's s called lying in wait= death penalty if you kill anyone). cop stops way behind RR. RR throws his car in reverse and starts shooting again at off duty cop through RR's window. cop shoots back, RR takes off.

https://patch.com/california/sanclemente/s/hfwpx/mission-viejo-man-suspected-shooting-duty-officer

Comments

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,554 ✭✭✭✭✭

holy cow. that is absolutely insane. i cant imagine that.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 23, 2021 5:54PM

@hammer1

We have road ragers mixing it up with folks going 20 mph below the speed limit and who might as well not have any side or rear view mirrors. The rest of us have our heads on swivels. It's like Mario Cart out there. I think I got hit by a red shell last week

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow I had to read that a couple times to wrap myself around it and understand what happened. Crazy

• Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

We have always enjoyed our summer vacations driving through the beautiful US of A.

But I'm very careful to never upset any driver on the Interstates for fear of road rage retaliation.

Don't get me wrong, we have our 'crazies' here in Canada too.

But the worse I have personally experienced here in Toronto, is having a Tim Horton's paper coffee cup thrown at me.

"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

In today's climate, I assume the cop was fired.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,554 ✭✭✭✭✭

thankfully, I have never been the recipient of a road rage incident. I keep my eyes on the road and never make eye contact with other motorists. it has worked so far.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.