Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Question on the grading process (i.e. I have a box of cards I'm rummaging through!)

Hoping to get some help on the grading process as I'm rummaging through a box of cards I've had sitting around for decades. I don't think I have anything that's rare, but do have an 1986 Topps Traded set (Bonds, Jackson) and some Topps NFL cards from 1978-1983 that have a few decent ones in there.

I'm not too interested in getting back into collecting, but probably want to keep a few things and sell a few things, which is leading to a few questions I'm hoping you guys can help out with:

1. Is there any way to get local PSA grading? I'm in SE Michigan if that helps, or does everything have to be shipped?
  2. Is it even worth getting these cards graded? I know a PSA grade gives assurance for selling over the internet, but unsure it's worth the $10-20 a card to get and "official" grade on them.

I may get the bug to start collecting again, but this seems like a high price time to get back in the game.

Comments

• bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭

@DrChris said:

1. Is there any way to get local PSA grading? I'm in SE Michigan if that helps, or does everything have to be shipped?
    2. Is it even worth getting these cards graded? I know a PSA grade gives assurance for selling over the internet, but unsure it's worth the $10-20 a card to get and "official" grade on them.

I may get the bug to start collecting again, but this seems like a high price time to get back in the game.

1) You will have to ship your cards to be graded and 2) if you have high grade cards (i.e., 9-10) I would say yes. There are some valuable cards from those years. Check Ebay for cards you think are worthwhile and see what they are fetching in higher grade. Good luck with it!

• BatpigBatpig Posts: 460 ✭✭✭

Post good pictures of some examples of what you’re thinking of grading.