Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Stamps
Options

i have many albums of un mint stamps, plate blocks, etc

i have many albums of un mint stamps, plate blocks, etc

3 full albums, from 1948 until about 1990 or so, singles, plate blocks, sheets you name it, all in mint shape, hit me up with offers,m i have no idea how to price them, me Da' died and left em to me and the cats,,looking to sell them...hard times, and no income coming in..let me know if intrested

Comments

• Options
    delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

Th UN market really crashed and burned around the time your dad stopped collecting. Most is now worth little more than wallpaper. (check prices of sold lots on eBay to confirm).
    What do you have in plate blocks from the earliest years?

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sometimes buy sheets of the NY issues to use as postage but they have to be really cheap to make it worthwhile (15% or so of face value, and it might matter if they are large or small denominations).

I have also used the Swiss issues on a couple occassions but they need to be even cheaper (10% or less).

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you get any offer that sounds in any way reasonable I advise taking it. You can expect the offer to be for far below face value.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭

Hello. I sold many sheets in Feb 2019 to JBK (above) to use as postage as he stated. He was fair and easy to deal with.
    Bob

ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net