Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1977 OPC Glossy Hockey Round Corners--Trimmed?

A few weeks back, I picked up a 1977 OPC Glossy Darryl Sittler with round corners. Since it wasn't listed as being part of either the Sittler master set or the Sittler/OPC master set (only the square cornered is listed) I submitted a couple of slot requests. That was on February 5th. Since then, the only movement from PSA on the matter is that when I check my slot request, the card is now listed as follows: "1977 O-PEE-CHEE GLOSSY 20 DARRYL SITTLER ROUND CORNERS?.Trim()"

A couple of questions: First, have there been problems with people trimming square-cornered '77 Topps/OPC hockey glossies and trying to turn them into round-cornered cards? (As my understanding is that the square-cornered version is rarer than the round cornered version, this doesn't make a lot of sense, but what do I know.)

Second: Is PSA now trying to somehow re-grade my card after the fact? If the card was trimmed, I wish they'd figured that out when they had the card in front of them, instead of trying to determine this based on my relatively low-rez scans.

Or is this yet another example of vintage hockey being little more than a niche market for PSA?

Comments

• Options

@Hank36 my apologies for any confusion and delay in responding: this was a coding error only and has been fixed (ie. code to 'trim' white space off the value was showing up on the website).

T. Whitmeyer
    Front-end Developer, Collectors Universe

• Options
    Hank36Hank36 Posts: 175 ✭✭

@twhitmeyer said:
    @Hank36 my apologies for any confusion and delay in responding: this was a coding error only and has been fixed (ie. code to 'trim' white space off the value was showing up on the website).

Um...so why can't it be added to the Sittler master set?

• Options
    electrodeelectrode Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

It does take time for a card to be inserted into the registry,i don't think people will trim square cards to look like round ones they are both available,PSA graders would reject a card if it was trimmed,has anyone noticed that PSA hockey cards are getting very scarce on Ebay and sellers are asking for big money for the available ones.