Would you have the guts to try this?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bungee jumping!

Comments

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did it once. Don't need to do it again

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I was a younger man, sure, but I've got enough back troubles now, probably not.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not going to lie, I hate heights, and therefore, I would bot have the guts to try it. I woud be too afraid the cord would snap.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

did it once in college

absolutely weightless..........moving at warp speed...........upside down...............staring death in the face.............then, SIKE!..............you bounce like a super ball

guaranteed to be the most exhilarating moment of your life

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

Geronimo!

I was stoned

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

@Justacommeman said:
    I was stoned

m

That would have killed my buzz.

Check this out, in a place called Pentecost in the south pacific, a tribe builds their own tower made of wood and bamboo and stuff, and they bungee jump using vines from the jungle.

@doubledragon said:

@Justacommeman said:
    I was stoned

m

Oh I was buzzed. Before, during and after

m

@Justacommeman said:

@doubledragon said:

@Justacommeman said:
    I was stoned

m

Oh I was buzzed. Before, during and after

m

😂😂 That must have been some good stuff!

I'm pretty sure this is now written into life insurance policies has a non payout in case of death

m

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m scared of heights but part time, I can do ladders and unsafe stuff on them ect.. but when it comes to stupid heights I’m not really cool with it. That bunji jump would be a no go for me.

• stevekstevek Posts: 28,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea, that's a good idea...bungee jumping with jungle vines.

Just hope none of those vines are defective. :p

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • stevekstevek Posts: 28,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:
    Vines, no.

My guess is they saw too many Tarzan movies.

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 22, 2021 8:07PM

If all the posters on CU (that includes TDN) put up all the money they had.

I wouldn't hesitate...to say no.

• bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 22, 2021 10:11PM

Try jumping out of a perfectly good airplane at midnight. Now that was certainly a surreal yet exhilirating experience. Long time ago but I still vividly recall the experience. I would NOT do it today though. Those days I would have jumped out of a plane with a laundry bag and rifle strapped to my back. These days, I am low speed, high drag. B)

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 23, 2021 7:43AM

Never bungeed but I've dropped out of a plane 6x. I'd do it again if I could drop a few lbs and not fear a landing on a replaced hip and a knee that isn't 100%.

Brody is totally right....100% pure adrenaline. First time I dropped I was smiling and awake on the adrenaline rush for a couple days. Cheeks hurt like hell with an ear to ear grin that long.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

Im all set on the bungee jumping.

as far as jumping with vines? there must be someone from the Darwin awards on site at all times when that activity is going on.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 23, 2021 7:56AM

@DrBuster said:
    Never bungeed but I've dropped out of a plane 6x. I'd do it again if I could drop a few lbs and not fear a landing on a replaced hip and a knee that isn't 100%.

Brody is totally right....100% pure adrenaline. First time I dropped I was smiling and awake on the adrenaline rush for a couple days. Cheeks hurt like hell with an ear to ear grin that long.

Looks like a young Mel Gibson in lethal weapon on the right 😂😂😂

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

No.

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@DrBuster said:

Looks like a young Mel Gibson in lethal weapon on the right 😂😂😂

I think Swayze might take offence to that, ha!

• 3stars3stars Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did it once, at Action Park no less.

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2