Home Sports Talk

I don't put butter on my potato anymore!

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's it, I've been eating too much garbage food lately and it's time to put a stop to it. I'm going to start eating healthier like Tom Brady! No more globs of butter on my baked potato, no more grabbing two Snickers bars every time I'm in the checkout lane, no more drinking soda all day long, I'm going to go on a semi Tom Brady diet! What exactly does he eat? Let's just take a peek!

Hello, I'm a Joe Louis card addict.

Comments

  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Oh no, I'm biting off more than I can chew here!

    Hello, I'm a Joe Louis card addict.

  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 21, 2021 2:54AM

    Peanut butter and jelly, is this right? Does he eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches? Can anyone confirm this? I love those!

    Hello, I'm a Joe Louis card addict.

  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 21, 2021 4:46AM

    No, I take that back, I refuse to eat rice cakes. They are one molecule away from being styrofoam!

    Hello, I'm a Joe Louis card addict.

  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 22,560 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Double D I can promise you peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are not in the diet plan for Brady. I don’t think you need to go full on GOAT diet and be miserable, just limit your sugar intake, stay away from fried foods, processed foods, white flour products. I mean here and there is ok but really those 3 food types are awful for you. Try not to eat right before you go to bed either. Also Exercise as much as you can and move around!

  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @perkdog said:
    Double D I can promise you peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are not in the diet plan for Brady. I don’t think you need to go full on GOAT diet and be miserable, just limit your sugar intake, stay away from fried foods, processed foods, white flour products. I mean here and there is ok but really those 3 food types are awful for you. Try not to eat right before you go to bed either. Also Exercise as much as you can and move around!

    I definitely couldn't handle the GOAT diet. Like you said, I have to stop eating so much greasy and fattening foods like hamburgers, fried chicken, and fast food. I eat that stuff everyday, and it makes you feel unhealthy after a while. I do jog and walk a lot, so at least I have that covered.

    Hello, I'm a Joe Louis card addict.

  • stevekstevek Posts: 24,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I had stopped eating chocolate around twenty years ago. Wasn't easy to do because i particularly loved chocolate ice cream.

    So around five years ago, i'm at my cousin's wedding and during the reception afterwards, everyone was handed one of those little Hershey's kisses in the silver foil. I'm not sure why they did that, it was like a toast of some sort i guess.

    Well i wasn't neurotic about not eating chocolate. For social reasons, i opened the foil and popped it in my mouth like everyone else and began chewing it. Well it tasted like the worst piece of chit i ever ate, and i quickly grabbed a napkin, turned the other way and spit it out into the napkin, and discarded it.

    Unexpectedly either physically or mentally, i just did not want that chocolate.

    I learned by eating healthy and getting into good habits, your body and mind adapts itself in a positive manner to these good habits, and doesn't desire the old bad habits any longer. For example i used to hate foods such as broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, etc. But now one of my favorite meals, usually lunch, is mixing up these organic veggies drenched in high quality olive oil, cook 'em up, and they taste absolutely delicious. Sometimes i'll add some organic garlic, turmeric, ginger, etc.

    Not only do my taste buds enjoy it, but my mind does as well knowing these foods are improving my body, and not consuming the unhealthy chit of which each meal drives you one step closer to a heart attack or cancer.

  • DarinDarin Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭✭

    @perkdog said:
    Double D I can promise you peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are not in the diet plan for Brady. I don’t think you need to go full on GOAT diet and be miserable, just limit your sugar intake, stay away from fried foods, processed foods, white flour products. I mean here and there is ok but really those 3 food types are awful for you. Try not to eat right before you go to bed either. Also Exercise as much as you can and move around!

    Good advice but the part about white flour is bull****.
    If it wasn't for wheat and rice the human race would have died out long ago from starvation.
    Sorry just tired of wheat getting a bad rap when bread has been one of the healthiest foods for centuries.



  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 22,560 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Darin said:

    @perkdog said:
    Double D I can promise you peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are not in the diet plan for Brady. I don’t think you need to go full on GOAT diet and be miserable, just limit your sugar intake, stay away from fried foods, processed foods, white flour products. I mean here and there is ok but really those 3 food types are awful for you. Try not to eat right before you go to bed either. Also Exercise as much as you can and move around!

    Good advice but the part about white flour is bull****.
    If it wasn't for wheat and rice the human race would have died out long ago from starvation.
    Sorry just tired of wheat getting a bad rap when bread has been one of the healthiest foods for centuries.

    Yes for centuries people ate it but they also didn’t include processed foods and High Fructose corn syrups in their diets so it wasn’t all that bad but eating all of that stuff regularly is a quick way to get a fat belly. Even whole wheat is not all that good for you, it’s 100% Whole Grain that is the best of the bread choices. Don’t get me wrong I eat a little of it here and there but everyday and a big part of your diet is not a great option in my opinion

  • DarinDarin Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭✭

    When the covid19 started hitting hard about a year ago the demand for flour at the mill where I
    work went through the roof. They were getting huge orders from places they had never done
    business with before. Couldn't keep up with demand. Customers large and small were coming
    out of the woodwork. One lady from western Kansas drove like 150 miles to buy one 5 lb. bag
    of flour. The two items that were out of stock at grocery stores were toilet paper and flour.
    Why? Well the toilet paper I have no idea but people know they won't starve to death if they
    at least have flour.
    Wheat and Rice are the two greatest grains in the history of the world.



  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @stevek said:
    I had stopped eating chocolate around twenty years ago. Wasn't easy to do because i particularly loved chocolate ice cream.

    So around five years ago, i'm at my cousin's wedding and during the reception afterwards, everyone was handed one of those little Hershey's kisses in the silver foil. I'm not sure why they did that, it was like a toast of some sort i guess.

    Well i wasn't neurotic about not eating chocolate. For social reasons, i opened the foil and popped it in my mouth like everyone else and began chewing it. Well it tasted like the worst piece of chit i ever ate, and i quickly grabbed a napkin, turned the other way and spit it out into the napkin, and discarded it.

    Unexpectedly either physically or mentally, i just did not want that chocolate.

    I learned by eating healthy and getting into good habits, your body and mind adapts itself in a positive manner to these good habits, and doesn't desire the old bad habits any longer. For example i used to hate foods such as broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, etc. But now one of my favorite meals, usually lunch, is mixing up these organic veggies drenched in high quality olive oil, cook 'em up, and they taste absolutely delicious. Sometimes i'll add some organic garlic, turmeric, ginger, etc.

    Not only do my taste buds enjoy it, but my mind does as well knowing these foods are improving my body, and not consuming the unhealthy chit of which each meal drives you one step closer to a heart attack or cancer.

    It's funny you should mention Hershey's Kisses because my wife has a whole box of them sitting in the living room. She loves chocolate and always has some kind of tasty treat sitting on the table. It's going to be difficult with her temptations sitting right in my face everyday. She's a bad influece with her peanut butter cups and her KitKat bars. She's tempting me, she's the chocolate devil, she's evil!

    Hello, I'm a Joe Louis card addict.

  • stevekstevek Posts: 24,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I always laugh at the food ads that say something like, "Just like Grandma used to make."

    They you look at the ingredients...yea, if Grandma was a chemist. LOL

  • stevekstevek Posts: 24,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @doubledragon said:

    @stevek said:
    I had stopped eating chocolate around twenty years ago. Wasn't easy to do because i particularly loved chocolate ice cream.

    So around five years ago, i'm at my cousin's wedding and during the reception afterwards, everyone was handed one of those little Hershey's kisses in the silver foil. I'm not sure why they did that, it was like a toast of some sort i guess.

    Well i wasn't neurotic about not eating chocolate. For social reasons, i opened the foil and popped it in my mouth like everyone else and began chewing it. Well it tasted like the worst piece of chit i ever ate, and i quickly grabbed a napkin, turned the other way and spit it out into the napkin, and discarded it.

    Unexpectedly either physically or mentally, i just did not want that chocolate.

    I learned by eating healthy and getting into good habits, your body and mind adapts itself in a positive manner to these good habits, and doesn't desire the old bad habits any longer. For example i used to hate foods such as broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, etc. But now one of my favorite meals, usually lunch, is mixing up these organic veggies drenched in high quality olive oil, cook 'em up, and they taste absolutely delicious. Sometimes i'll add some organic garlic, turmeric, ginger, etc.

    Not only do my taste buds enjoy it, but my mind does as well knowing these foods are improving my body, and not consuming the unhealthy chit of which each meal drives you one step closer to a heart attack or cancer.

    It's funny you should mention Hershey's Kisses because my wife has a whole box of them sitting in the living room. She loves chocolate and always has some kind of tasty treat sitting on the table. It's going to be difficult with her temptations sitting right in my face everyday. She's a bad influece with her peanut butter cups and her KitKat bars. She's tempting me, she's the chocolate devil, she's evil!

    You're exactly right about all women, however we need them for procreation. :)

  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 21, 2021 10:41AM

    The following is a dramatization of my next encounter with my chocoholic wife. Do not try this at home!

    Hello, I'm a Joe Louis card addict.

  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 20,805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 21, 2021 11:00AM

    I have a little bit of potato once a quarter as a treat.

    For most they are the enemy of the people

    m

    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I just had a baked potato at lunch and guess what, for the first time, I didn't put butter on it, I ate that sucker straight up plain!

    Hello, I'm a Joe Louis card addict.

  • stevekstevek Posts: 24,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @doubledragon said:
    I just had a baked potato at lunch and guess what, for the first time, I didn't put butter on it, I ate that sucker straight up plain!

    Don't forget the potato skin. Actually it's the most nutritious and healthiest part of the potato. :)

  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @stevek said:

    @doubledragon said:
    I just had a baked potato at lunch and guess what, for the first time, I didn't put butter on it, I ate that sucker straight up plain!

    Don't forget the potato skin. Actually it's the most nutritious and healthiest part of the potato. :)

    Hello, I'm a Joe Louis card addict.

  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

    BREAKING NEWS: My wife is going to McDonald's for greasy sausage biscuits tomorrow morning. I want no part of it!

    Hello, I'm a Joe Louis card addict.

  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Through the leadership of my wife, my family has long been on a new eating path. I would describe it as a lot of organic, never GMO, never high fructose corn syrup, etc. I had gotten to a very high weight over 300. And I have lost a good deal of weight. But I have tethered in the 260 to 270 range now for some time. I think I spoke about this before with @Stevek . I need to kickstart the weight loss beyond what healthier eating did for me . So that means less portions and more exercise.

    So, I guess what I'm saying is, I'm with you @doubledragon

  • dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 3,092 ✭✭✭✭

    A baked potato that isn't "loaded" is really no different than the food paste they ate on the Nebuchadnezzar in the Matrix. A loaded baked potato is awesome, and the only actual purpose the potato serves is to keep the actual food all in one place so it can be eaten with a fork. Although eating a bowl of melted butter with bacon, cheese, chives and a dollop of sour cream on top with a spoon sounds pretty awesmoe, too. I have bad news that some of you don't appear to realize - you're going to die. Enjoy your life while you can.

    dallasactuary

    Official defender of Ron Santo
    Official defender of Bert Blyleven
    Official defender of Bill Mazeroski
    Jim Rice sucks
    Jack Morris sucks.
  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @thisistheshow said:
    Through the leadership of my wife, my family has long been on a new eating path. I would describe it as a lot of organic, never GMO, never high fructose corn syrup, etc. I had gotten to a very high weight over 300. And I have lost a good deal of weight. But I have tethered in the 260 to 270 range now for some time. I think I spoke about this before with @Stevek . I need to kickstart the weight loss beyond what healthier eating did for me . So that means less portions and more exercise.

    So, I guess what I'm saying is, I'm with you @doubledragon

    We can do it buddy. One thing though, when you exercise, don't push yourself too hard, if you start feeling tired, then take breaks and rest. Also stay hydrated. I've heard that pushing yourself too hard can actually be bad. When I exercise, I take breaks and rest, so I don't over do it. I've heard stories of people pushing themselves too hard and they end up collapsing, so be careful and take breaks and rehydrate and don't over do it.

    Hello, I'm a Joe Louis card addict.

  • stevekstevek Posts: 24,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @doubledragon said:

    @thisistheshow said:
    Through the leadership of my wife, my family has long been on a new eating path. I would describe it as a lot of organic, never GMO, never high fructose corn syrup, etc. I had gotten to a very high weight over 300. And I have lost a good deal of weight. But I have tethered in the 260 to 270 range now for some time. I think I spoke about this before with @Stevek . I need to kickstart the weight loss beyond what healthier eating did for me . So that means less portions and more exercise.

    So, I guess what I'm saying is, I'm with you @doubledragon

    We can do it buddy. One thing though, when you exercise, don't push yourself too hard, if you start feeling tired, then take breaks and rest. Also stay hydrated. I've heard that pushing yourself too hard can actually be bad. When I exercise, I take breaks and rest, so I don't over do it. I've heard stories of people pushing themselves too hard and they end up collapsing, so be careful and take breaks and rehydrate and don't over do it.

    Exactly right.

    That workout motto of "no pain, no gain" when it comes to exercise is okay for teenagers, and perhaps those in their twenties or early thirties...but definitely not us.

  • stevekstevek Posts: 24,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @thisistheshow said:
    Through the leadership of my wife, my family has long been on a new eating path. I would describe it as a lot of organic, never GMO, never high fructose corn syrup, etc. I had gotten to a very high weight over 300. And I have lost a good deal of weight. But I have tethered in the 260 to 270 range now for some time. I think I spoke about this before with @Stevek . I need to kickstart the weight loss beyond what healthier eating did for me . So that means less portions and more exercise.

    So, I guess what I'm saying is, I'm with you @doubledragon

    I didn't keep track of the time frame, it was probably around two years or so. But just by eating healthy, and cutting out the high calorie type junk, I went from a tight fitting 44 pants size to a loose fitting 36.

    I probably should go out and buy some 34 pants. My belt is on its last notch and the pants are still a bit loose. LOL

  • stevekstevek Posts: 24,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @dallasactuary said:
    A baked potato that isn't "loaded" is really no different than the food paste they ate on the Nebuchadnezzar in the Matrix. A loaded baked potato is awesome, and the only actual purpose the potato serves is to keep the actual food all in one place so it can be eaten with a fork. Although eating a bowl of melted butter with bacon, cheese, chives and a dollop of sour cream on top with a spoon sounds pretty awesmoe, too. I have bad news that some of you don't appear to realize - you're going to die. Enjoy your life while you can.

    What should be understood though is by eating healthy, life is more enjoyable...to me much more enjoyable.

    True story. I'm in the local post office on a regular basis. The clerks all know me on a first name basis. So i'm in line to mail out the usual chit, and the clerk is chatting with a woman in front of me about her arthritis condition. Well this clerk happens to be a bit overweight. When it was my turn in line, i did my PO business with her, and then i said to the clerk who i'm very friendly with, "I heard you talking to your friend about your arthritis, do you eat a lot of cheese?" She said, "How did you know that, yes i love cheese."

    There were customers behind me so i wanted to keep it short. I said to her "Look, i've read a lot about nutrition, if you eliminate the cheese from your diet, it's almost certain that you'll reduce the arthritis."

    She retorts back to me, verbatim, "Oh no, I could never give up cheese."

    Well i then thanked her as usual for taking care of my packages, she always does a great job, and i left.

    So here is a woman who would rather live with painful arthritis than to simply give up cheese and perhaps some other junk, in order to reduce and possibly eliminate the painful symptoms.

    If anyone wishes to call that "living" then more power to ya. Overweight, arthritis, and who knows what other maladies she has. I guess that's her choice, and each time i see her i'm sure to never mention it.

  • bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭

    @perkdog said:
    Double D I can promise you peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are not in the diet plan for Brady. I don’t think you need to go full on GOAT diet and be miserable, just limit your sugar intake, stay away from fried foods, processed foods, white flour products. I mean here and there is ok but really those 3 food types are awful for you. Try not to eat right before you go to bed either. Also Exercise as much as you can and move around!

    You are describing my diet to a tee Perkdog! UGH. I am doomed. :D

  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 22,560 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @bobbybakeriv said:

    @perkdog said:
    Double D I can promise you peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are not in the diet plan for Brady. I don’t think you need to go full on GOAT diet and be miserable, just limit your sugar intake, stay away from fried foods, processed foods, white flour products. I mean here and there is ok but really those 3 food types are awful for you. Try not to eat right before you go to bed either. Also Exercise as much as you can and move around!

    You are describing my diet to a tee Perkdog! UGH. I am doomed. :D

    Hahaha

  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 22, 2021 6:09AM

    Despite the gut, I do have one nice healthy anniversary I'm celebrating - 11 years cigarette free today, woot!

    *Coincidentally the gut beginning and the cigarette ending days are close together, ha!

  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 22,560 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @DrBuster said:
    Despite the gut, I do have one nice healthy anniversary I'm celebrating - 11 years cigarette free today, woot!

    *Coincidentally the gut beginning and the cigarette ending days are close together, ha!

    Congrats. If I didn’t care about my health I’d smoke a pack of Marlboro Lights and chew a can of dip every day in between Burger King trips. If I live to 75 I plan on ramping that up then 😂😂😂.

  • craig44craig44 Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

    to be frank, I have put on quite a bit of weight since the whole Covid shutdown almost a year ago. at first, that was my reason for the weight gain, now it has just become an excuse. I really need to drop some weight. for me, its the darn soda. I don't drink or smoke or even snack all that much, but man, the soda.

    I would honestly rather have an ice cold Pepsi (or 3) than any dessert I can think of.

    Maybe we should start a sports forum weight loss group.

  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 20,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Craig that will do it. Gotta switch to water my friend. Sucks but do it.

    mark

    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • stevekstevek Posts: 24,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @craig44 said:
    to be frank, I have put on quite a bit of weight since the whole Covid shutdown almost a year ago. at first, that was my reason for the weight gain, now it has just become an excuse. I really need to drop some weight. for me, its the darn soda. I don't drink or smoke or even snack all that much, but man, the soda.

    I would honestly rather have an ice cold Pepsi (or 3) than any dessert I can think of.

    Maybe we should start a sports forum weight loss group.

    Yes, water as mentioned.

    However i also enjoy 100% organic fruit juices which are widely available now. For various reasons, buy those without ascorbic acid as an additive or any other additives or preservatives.

    Sorry to be blunt, but those cola drinks truly are one of the worst non-alcoholic beverages out there. I call it slow acting poison...because it is.

  • GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

    Soda is a killer. Don’t drink it, nor did I have it in the house for the kids. Absolute worst thing for the stomach and body.

  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭✭✭

    when i plateaued, the adjustment that took me to the next level of weight loss wasn't so much what i ate or how much i exercised, as i had already regulated those things fairly well. it was when i ate. my biggest vice has always been consuming something late at night, if i happen to be up. once i put a lid on my mouth at 7 pm, a world of difference was made. i'm certainly no expert, but conventional wisdom says that when your body shuts down at night, so does your metabolism. so if something is lodged in your stomach when you go to sleep, it's going to be waiting on you in the morning when you step on that scale.

    so if anyone here is trying to shed a few lbs, try it: don't eat or drink anything after 7. if you're anything like me, it will not be easy. but if you get to the point where you can do it repetitively (i'm now successful 5-6 times/week), i'm confident you will reap the rewards.

  • GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

    Great advice Galaxy. My last food intake is at 3 or 4 pm in the evening.

  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 23, 2021 5:45AM

    I'm not condoning quiting sodas as I have a personal interest in my 401k and employment...but we do sell water, sparkling, and a bunch of other healthy stuff. ;)

    It does make a difference though if you quit the full blown sugar ones, or at least cut down to 1/day.

  • stevekstevek Posts: 24,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Goldenage said:
    Soda is a killer. Don’t drink it, nor did I have it in the house for the kids. Absolute worst thing for the stomach and body.

    Each 12 ounce can of a typical cola drink contains 9, count 'em 9, teaspoons of sugar.

    May as well just buy a large bag of sugar, and when ya feel like having a cola, instead just dip a teaspoon in the bag 9 times and gulp it down. It's cheaper that way.

    Your heart, kidneys, liver, stomach, colon, etc, will be cursing you, but oh the joy from your taste buds for a few moments.

  • craig44craig44 Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @stevek said:

    @Goldenage said:
    Soda is a killer. Don’t drink it, nor did I have it in the house for the kids. Absolute worst thing for the stomach and body.

    Each 12 ounce can of a typical cola drink contains 9, count 'em 9, teaspoons of sugar.

    May as well just buy a large bag of sugar, and when ya feel like having a cola, instead just dip a teaspoon in the bag 9 times and gulp it down. It's cheaper that way.

    Your heart, kidneys, liver, stomach, colon, etc, will be cursing you, but oh the joy from your taste buds for a few moments.

    You are right. It tastes so good going down, but its killing off my body parts one by one. time to start the cutback. don't know if I can go cold turkey, but I am dropping down to one per day starting today.

    just so you all know, Im going to be grumpier than usual for the next few days...

  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Try the zeros if you're a Coke brand drinker.

  • craig44craig44 Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Im a Pepsi guy, but I think they have an equivalent. I will give it a try. if it tastes like the diet stuff, the aftertaste gets me. but, I have to try something different.

  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 22,560 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I don’t drink soda except for maybe a few times a year I will crack open a can of Ginger Ale but I do drink Gatorade which is probably just as bad. The one thing about drinking sugar drinks is it never satisfies my thirst. I love the Gatorade Zero now, that’s my go to

  • craig44craig44 Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I hear you. my wife gets after me about non natural sweeteners as I guess they can cause cancer. It is always something.

  • stevekstevek Posts: 24,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @craig44 said:

    @stevek said:

    @Goldenage said:
    Soda is a killer. Don’t drink it, nor did I have it in the house for the kids. Absolute worst thing for the stomach and body.

    Each 12 ounce can of a typical cola drink contains 9, count 'em 9, teaspoons of sugar.

    May as well just buy a large bag of sugar, and when ya feel like having a cola, instead just dip a teaspoon in the bag 9 times and gulp it down. It's cheaper that way.

    Your heart, kidneys, liver, stomach, colon, etc, will be cursing you, but oh the joy from your taste buds for a few moments.

    You are right. It tastes so good going down, but its killing off my body parts one by one. time to start the cutback. don't know if I can go cold turkey, but I am dropping down to one per day starting today.

    just so you all know, Im going to be grumpier than usual for the next few days...

    One thing i won't mention because it might get me banned. But when ya cleanse your body of all the garbage, and keep the garbage out, lose weight, etc...it cleans up the arteries, gets the blood flowing better, and helps make another part of your body work better.

    Now mentioning this i know won't get me banned. With the money ya save from eliminating the garbage, you can then buy more cards and coins. :)

  • craig44craig44 Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

    ^^^^ I love it!! luckily I have yet to have problems in that department yet, but I would rather not if I could help it!!!!

    as to your second point, it sure would be nice to have some extra play money!!

  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @craig44 said:
    Im a Pepsi guy, but I think they have an equivalent. I will give it a try. if it tastes like the diet stuff, the aftertaste gets me. but, I have to try something different.

    I can barely, and I mean barely taste the difference between regular coke and the zeros. I don't drink the regular stuff and will barely crack a diet one anymore - used to be several/day. And in the office everything is free so I used to load up. Now it's seltzer usually.

  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭✭✭

    one other thing. i joke around about drinking, but truthfully i'm not a lush. i realize that for myriad reasons (including a few mentioned in this thread) that it's not wise to do so to excess. now i will have a few pops on a weekend, but the very next morning when i wake up it is the absolute last thing i want in my system. just the thought of it repels me, and that feeling hangs around for 10-14 days.

    but occasionally there are extreme times when i start ruminating about how dire the Bears situation is, and suddenly i feel compelled to get obliterated to the point of honestly thinking that we resigned allen robinson and traded for deshaun watson. next morning i wake up realizing that mitch trubadour is still on the roster and subsequently my head throbs like a mother, so i abstain from that type of activity for a while

    rinse, repeat

Sign In or Register to comment.