Home Sports Talk

Johnny Damon and Wife Arrested

Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.

Comments

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

proverbial slap on the wrist in 3, 2, 1...

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder how much an Uber would have cost?

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:

Seriously. It blows my mind that people still do this, I stopped a few years ago after doing it like an idiot for decades. All it takes is one wrong move and you hurt someone and it’s end game.

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@LarkinCollector said:

Seriously. It blows my mind that people still do this, I stopped a few years ago after doing it like an idiot for decades. All it takes is one wrong move and you hurt someone and it’s end game.

One reason to have a big umbrella policy.

• Jonny and his wife were on that reality show Below Deck were wealthy people rent a yacht for a week or so. He and his wife didnt come off well in my opinion. They seemed like 45 year olds still trying to act like they were 17. They drank alot, were demanding and generally rude to the yacht staff. It is also a colossal waste of money spending probably around $80,000 to $100.000 for a week long yacht vacation. I know he made a lot playing MLB but it might not last for him. Vince Young QB from Texas once spent around $80K taking a private jet from Texas to Nashville because he didn't want to be bothered by the public and not he is bankrupt. And a former Yankees Japanese pitcher. I think it was Matsui (could be wrong) once spent around $500 K on a private plane from Japan to spring training so that he could bring his dog who couldn't fly on the commercial flight for some reason.

@bumpskier said:
    so that he could bring his dog who couldn't fly on the commercial flight for some reason.

There's a long quarantine for pets traveling internationally, at least 4 weeks I think, and was probably illegal to bring even on a private jet without the quarantine.

• Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

Career batting average .284

BAC .300 and .294

Not good when your Blood Alcohol is higher than your batting average

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

With his kind of money you’d think he could afford Uber

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank God no one was hurt. Sounds like he was completely wasted.

@bumpskier said:
    Jonny and his wife were on that reality show Below Deck were wealthy people rent a yacht for a week or so. He and his wife didnt come off well in my opinion. They seemed like 45 year olds still trying to act like they were 17. They drank alot, were demanding and generally rude to the yacht staff. It is also a colossal waste of money spending probably around $80,000 to $100.000 for a week long yacht vacation. I know he made a lot playing MLB but it might not last for him. Vince Young QB from Texas once spent around $80K taking a private jet from Texas to Nashville because he didn't want to be bothered by the public and not he is bankrupt. And a former Yankees Japanese pitcher. I think it was Matsui (could be wrong) once spent around $500 K on a private plane from Japan to spring training so that he could bring his dog who couldn't fly on the commercial flight for some reason.

Never saw that show. Sounds like they like to party. This confirms it.

• bumpskierbumpskier Posts: 64 ✭✭

The video of the arrest was just released and Johnny Damon blew a .30 almost four times the legal limit. The video is interesting to watch.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bumpskier said:
    The video of the arrest was just released and Johnny Damon blew a .30 almost four times the legal limit. The video is interesting to watch.

They are hard to take. I saw them on one of my wife's Bravo shows where they charter a yacht. Yuck

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a feeling about Johnny when he grew out his hair. he tried to be a hippy, but in the eternal words of Johnny Knoxville

"that long hair wont hide that red neck."

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• bumpskierbumpskier Posts: 64 ✭✭

On the video Michelle Damon tries to use the Menendez Brothers excuse. The Menendez Brothers were crying to the arresting police officers and during their trial that people should have sympathy for them because they were orphans. But why were they orphans? Because they murdered their parents. Michelle was bellyaching to the police that she shouldn't be arrested because at 4 am she had six kids at home and their 21 year old nanny needed to go home. so if she was arrested no one wold be able to watch the kids. But the reason she was being arrested for battery and disorderly conduct is because she hit and yelled violently at a police officer!!

@bumpskier said:
    On the video Michelle Damon tries to use the Menendez Brothers excuse. The Menendez Brothers were crying to the arresting police officers and during their trial that people should have sympathy for them because they were orphans. But why were they orphans? Because they murdered their parents. Michelle was bellyaching to the police that she shouldn't be arrested because at 4 am she had six kids at home and their 21 year old nanny needed to go home. so if she was arrested no one wold be able to watch the kids. But the reason she was being arrested for battery and disorderly conduct is because she hit and yelled violently at a police officer!!

Apparently that is just their lifestyle, out and driving drunk and partying while the nanny is with the kids. Everyone has to forge their own paths.

I suspect they get an Oprah interview.

• royalbrettroyalbrett Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

Sounds like they like to party. This confirms it.

I like to party, but these millionaires who could afford to pay someone a yearly salary to drive them anywhere, anytime is perplexing.

Yeah, I uploaded that KC icon in 2001
  • keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

it's hard to see how this has a happy ending, especially for the wife.

@keets said:

@Alfonz24 said:

@keets said:

So if I get what your saying, this comment belongs in the DWat thread?