Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

One of my Seattle neighbors is a currency scoundrel, selling tinted $5 USNs for $333

synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 19, 2021 8:41AM in U.S. & World Currency Forum

Yes, one of my fellow Washingtonians has found the Hydrogen Peroxide bottle, THE ALL CAPS selection on his kybd, and a serious sense of self entitlement to your $333. SMH
Buyer beware.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Error-1963-5-NUMBER-SEAL-TURNED-YELLOW-ORANGE-SEAL-DOWN-SUPER-TOP-RARE/324450777245?hash=item4b8ac5f89d:g:0qMAAOSwp~dfKkbD

Comments

• Options
    Serial_no_8Serial_no_8 Posts: 422 ✭✭✭

Sadly, we had a similar incident in Canada where a scoundrel was removing the holographic strips off the $5 & $10 back in 2013 or 2014 when they first came out. It's annoying b/c once a newbie "is burned" with such a manufactured fake it is unlikely they'll continue with the hobby.

• Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

SUPER TOP RARE!

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seattle area? Send Antifa after him! ;)

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• Options

Anything below Felony has been decriminalised in Seattle. No lie.

It gets crazier....
    As a landlord, if a prospective tenant declares they can not afford the damage deposit then I am legally obligated to give her/him/etc a 0% loan for 12 months

• Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭

I offered him $6.50

• Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately, his Ebay history shows him to be a repeat offender. You'd think that Ebay would figure out how to deal with sellers like him by now.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options
    thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

@synchr said:
    Anything below Felony has been decriminalised in Seattle. No lie.

It gets crazier....
    As a landlord, if a prospective tenant declares they can not afford the damage deposit then I am legally obligated to give her/him/etc a 0% loan for 12 months

This is Federal.

thefinn
  • Options

@sellitstore said:
    Unfortunately, his Ebay history shows him to be a repeat offender. You'd think that Ebay would figure out how to deal with sellers like him by now.

I just looked at his other notes being sold and he has def found his niche of "enhanced" offerings

This guy has gone to the dark side in a serious way

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only thing that can be done is report him, over and over and over again.

• Options

I hate to point out that eBay only cares about ther bottom line and it was during Meg Whtman's term that Sellers lost the most rights on eBay. Reporting may have a sense of satisfaction to it but I'll bet eBay votes with their wallet