Home Sports Talk
Options

Jeanette Lee, “The Black Widow,” Diagnosed with Terminal Cancer

DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

Loved watching her play in her hayday, great is an understatement.

https://poolplayers.com/jeanette-lee-the-black-widow-diagnosed-with-terminal-cancer/

One of the most iconic names in billiards, Jeanette Lee, has announced that she has been diagnosed with stage four ovarian cancer. Nicknamed The Black Widow, Lee was the dominant billiards personality of her era who was formerly ranked No. 1 in the sport, a World Games Gold Medalist and a WPBA, BCA and Asian Hall of Fame inductee.

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's awful news. One of my faves to watch.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of my favorites as well, with one of the best nicknames of all time. Sad news.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

terrible news. cancer is just awful

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lee has battled the progressive condition of scoliosis since childhood, which causes deformities in the spine, which cut short her professional career around 2010 and may have masked the cancer.

My Mom also had scoliosis and died of ovarian cancer. Makes me wonder if there is any connection between the two diseases.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very sad.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 20, 2021 12:31AM

I'm a cancer survivor. I was given a fighting chance and won. To be diagnosed as terminal is brutal.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......