Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Currency

Old banknotes - even worth grading?

Thank you in advance for helping a newcomer. In addition to inheriting a large (at least to me!) coin collection, my mother also left a half dozen large old banknotes, a few are silver certificates. I’m no expert but the conditions are worn and a couple have slight tears on the edges. Are they even worth grading? Ultimately, I want to be selling them down the road. Thanks for your input.

Comments

• numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭

Please post pics, front and back.You'll quickly get a few opinions.

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency

• Here are the bills thanks for your opinions.

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice pics, both notes are obviously pretty worn but on the plus side, no tears, no holes. I would gently straighten the bent corners, slip them in a book to get them flat, pick up a couple of large banknote plastic sleeves to keep them safe. Graded banknotes are generally crisp uncirculated unless rare. IMO. Use the Google to see similar graded note condition. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon, NickPatton, ProfLiz, Twobitcollector,Jesbroken

• numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭

Great notes but not valuable enough to spend the coin on grading.

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency