Home Sports Talk
Options

Favorite brand of pizza to go with a good game?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are many pizza restaurants or companies, Papa John's, Dominoes, Pizza Hut, etc. What is your favorite to go with a good game, and what toppings do you like on your pizza?

Comments

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 17, 2021 11:24AM

None of the big delivery names. Worked for Dominos for years in college, had enough of that. Have a couple local NY type joints by me that are good or homemade by my NY Italian wife. Pepperoni and hot peppers is a must, random others added.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

make your own damn pizza slacker!

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 17, 2021 11:09AM

Giordano's - Sausage, mushroom, onion, green pepper, garlic

If your pizza doesn't weigh 20 lbs, are you really eating pizza?

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    make your own damn pizza slacker!

I could never make something as heavenly as the famous Papa John's garlic dipping sauce. Oh my goodness, I'm addicted!

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bocce’s Pizza in Buffalo, New York. All others are just cardboard cheese and sauce

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shakey's Pizza. On the box it states; "We are the original pizza chain ( 1954)."

• Options

And there's nothing like an ice cold, Coca Cola to go with your pizza. I have to have it with my pizza. Just look at that.

• Options

Those fresh tomatoes.

• Options
    edited February 17, 2021 11:29AM

Why are you still reading this thread right now? Shouldn't you be on the phone ordering your pie?

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,526 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t eat pizza hardly at all BUT if I did my favorite combos would be Mushroom, Peppers, Onions and Sausage. Or Mushroom, Onion and HamBurger, 😋

• Options

And I haven't had them in a while, but I used to love those Domino's cinnastix for dessert, with that sweet icing dipping sauce. Oh my goodness!

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not too big on the chains. If I had to choose, it would be UNO's. I like that deep dish Chicago style.

when we order pizza though, 90% of the time it is a local joint. so, so much better than the chains.

I really like all the toppings except for black olives and anchovies. I do especially like hamburger, pepperoni and mushrooms

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

I drive many miles to get these.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

Favorite local pizza, mushroom and pepperoni.

• Options
    edited February 17, 2021 1:43PM

@doubledragon said:
    And I haven't had them in a while, but I used to love those Domino's cinnastix for dessert, with that sweet icing dipping sauce. Oh my goodness!

This legit might be one of your funniest memes! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    Favorite local pizza, mushroom and pepperoni.

Now that!, looks like a real pizza!

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gambino's pizza.
    Sometimes pepperoni, sometimes beef, sometimes meat lovers.

• Options
    edited February 17, 2021 5:01PM

Oh, oh! My wife threw out the last slice of pizza today! We bought a delicious pizza from a little joint up the street that I love, and there was one more slice left. I'm not going to lie, I wanted the last slice and she knew that, but being the gentleman that I am, I saved it for her because she also wanted it. So, I'm taking out the garbage, and out of the corner of my eye, what do I see laying on the ground outside? That last slice of pizza! She threw it outside for Richard, the squirrel that comes around, and when I asked her about it, she confessed to it! Here it is, and you can see Richard has already gnawed away at it. I'm DEVASTATED!

• Options

^ Grounds for a divorce.

• Options

@hammer1 said:
    ^ Grounds for a divorce.

DEVASTATED!

• Options
    edited February 18, 2021 5:48AM

I’m still laughing just as hard at it 😂👍👍

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Oh, oh! My wife threw out the last slice of pizza today! We bought a delicious pizza from a little joint up the street that I love, and there was one more slice left. I'm not going to lie, I wanted the last slice and she knew that, but being the gentleman that I am, I saved it for her because she also wanted it. So, I'm taking out the garbage, and out of the corner of my eye, what do I see laying on the ground outside? That last slice of pizza! She threw it outside for Richard, the squirrel that comes around, and when I asked her about it, she confessed to it! Here it is, and you can see Richard has already gnawed away at it. I'm DEVASTATED!

I don't see the problem. Still looks edible.

Just heat it up in the microwave. That should take care of any germs on it such as rabies.

• Options

@stevek said:

@doubledragon said:

I don't see the problem. Still looks edible.

Just heat it up in the microwave. That should take care of any germs on it such as rabies.

I'm not eating after Richard, he's a dirty little squirrel. I've seen him lick himself before!