Home Sports Talk
Options

2020 Alabama vs 2020 Jaguars - Who would win?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who would win if the 2020 Alabama Crimson Tide National Championship team played the 2020 Jacksonville Jaguars team. The best college football team vs the worst NFL team, who would win?

Comments

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

The answer to this question, in whatever form it is asked, is always the NFL team. The worst NFL team beats the best college team, every time.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jax would crush Alabama.

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

Alabama easily

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭✭✭

colleges procure the best talent from high schools. NFL teams procure the best talent from colleges.

an analogous question would be, "could the top-ranked 6A team in Texas beat the worst D1 school?"

savage beatdowns would take place in both instances

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coolstanley said:
    Alabama easily

Are you being serious?

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

Herb Brooks took a bunch of college kids to beat the best professionals in the world at that time. Anything can happen, but 9 times out of 10 it would be a pro team.

Research the NFL college all star games when they played the pros.

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

The college team won like 10 of the 50 games played, but were on a long losing streak until the game was put to rest in the early 70s.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 17, 2021 6:48AM

If I were on a pro team that was beaten by a college team, I wouldn't show my face to the public ever again. I'd go into permanent exile. I'd move into the basement of a opera theatre and become a phantom!

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 17, 2021 10:02AM

Jags 49
    TIde 10

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@Justacommeman said:
    Jags 49
    TIde 10

m

At the half?

• Options

@Goldenage said:
    Herb Brooks took a bunch of college kids to beat the best professionals in the world at that time. Anything can happen, but 9 times out of 10 it would be a pro team.

Research the NFL college all star games when they played the pros.

I didn't know about this. Thank you!

I read over the wikipedia page where it gives the year to year games. who played, who won, etc. Combining what I know about the history of the NFL, with those results, and what the game looks like now, I'm sticking with my answer. :)

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 18, 2021 5:16AM

Bama is full of NFL 5 star players. Jags wouldn't be able to stop Bama's offense. Bama's offense this year had 3 heisman candidates.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    Jags 49
    TIde 10

m

And the Jags DC is fired.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭

Skill positions could argue BAMA has the edge. However I think in the trenches it would be apparent who is better and a similar performance to the super bowl would ensue.

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jags 55
    Bama 6

• Options

Alabama might have 6 to 10 players that could start on an NFL team. The Jags have 22 players that start on an NFL team. On Alabama's current roster they might have 20-25 players that could stick on an NFL roster. The rest won't make the NFL. All 53 players on the Jags made the NFL. The game wouldn't be close

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@Justacommeman said:
    Alabama might have 6 to 10 players that could start on an NFL team. The Jags have 22 players that start on an NFL team. On Alabama's current roster they might have 20-25 players that could stick on an NFL roster. The rest won't make the NFL. All 53 players on the Jags made the NFL. The game wouldn't be close

m

Agreed however the bottom 5-10 players on the worst team in the league are likely the worst players in the league and wouldn’t stick on any other roster either.

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options

@Ahmanfan said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

Agreed however the bottom 5-10 players on the worst team in the league are likely the worst players in the league and wouldn’t stick on any other roster either.

Perhaps, but all the starting D players on the Jags for example are all likely better then anyone Alabama faced all season.

• Options

Maybe. Not so sure in the SEC. overall obviously absolutely but a Bosa or some kid as a senior is probably better than half the Jags line.

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    edited February 18, 2021 11:50AM

@Ahmanfan said:
    Maybe. Not so sure in the SEC. overall obviously absolutely but a Bosa or some kid as a senior is probably better than half the Jags line.

Yes there are outliers. But not a whole team of them.

Jeff Okudah was the number 3 pick in last years draft. He was regarded as the best CB prospect in years. Before he got injured he stunk. The lowest graded CB in the NFL.

m

• Options

True. I'd like to see it anyway. Would be good to see Bama get beat up on as opposed to the other way around.

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS