Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

1984 Donruss Don Mattingly ROOKIE RC #248 PSA 10 GEM MINT Best Offer

1984 Donruss Don Mattingly ROOKIE RC #248 PSA 10 GEM MINT. This card is the pride of my collection. Only 289 exist. I pulled this card myself and it has been in my possession for over 30 years. It has been stored away in a safe deposit box until today. An ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS card. Look at the centering on BOTH front and back. One just sold on Ebay for over $6000 and it was slightly off centered on the back. The picture does not capture the real beauty of this card. You just won't find a better one than this. Thank you for looking.

Comments

• Options

I am selling off some of my personal collection. All my cards come from a smoke free home and have been stored in a safe deposit box for many years. This Elway rookie is a gorgeous card and would make a great addition to your collection. 1984 John Elway Topps RC Rookie PSA 9 MINT #63 Broncos. Condition is "Like New". Thank you for looking.

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Posts: 551 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 16, 2021 7:53PM

This is a very nice copy. If I didn't own one myself, I would certainly consider. Gotta be real though, it doesn't help you however that its a high dollar card and you are brand new to this site. Good luck and I'm sure you'll get some offers.

• Options

I understand. I am more than willing to do whatever is necessary to prove my sincerity here. I am new to this site. Hopefully I can make some kind of deal which would alleviate anybody’s concerns. I have quite a few cards I am going to be selling. I am currently out on disability with knee issues otherwise I would be holding on to these cards.

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 17, 2021 2:18PM

I'd do $800. If you're interested in selling for that shoot me a private message to arrange details.
    thanks

EDIT- $800 on the Elway. I'm not talking about the Mattingly! Nice card though.

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

The first thing I would do if I were new here and trying to sell high dollar cards is post prices.

• Options

I'd do $3500. Please keep in mind that the most recent auctions for '84 Donruss PSA 10 Mattingly's have been via PWCC - which typically end higher than others (I'll let you form your own conclusion about that). If interested in selling for that shoot me a private message to arrange details.

Regards.

• Options

1993 Derek Jeter Upper Deck SP RC FOIL PSA 8 Mint Rookie HOF $2000

• Options

1981 Topps JOE MONTANA Rookie PSA 8 #216 HOF SHARP CORNERS CENTERED GREAT CARD! $800

• Options

Take a look at all my PSA numbers. They are all very close. These cards were all graded at the same time, many years ago. Maybe that will help prove my legitimacy.

• Options
    flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

Legitimacy, especially when selling hundreds/thousands of dollars, boils down to:

Do you package the cards well?
    Do you ship the cards quickly?
    Are you honest and responsible for your end of the transaction?

If you don't have an Ebay account with a high feedback score, start with some smaller end cards and begin to build trust with the group by consistently delivering multiple times over a period of time.

That follow-through will ultimately determine your reputation, not sequential PSA numbers.

The good news is, this is a board which rewards sellers who sell quality items and take care of their responsibility in the transaction. The reward = you will sell your item without a commission going to the man and you will get to meet/smooze with a lot of great folks.

Good luck and get listing!

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options

Thanks for the sound advice. I did list these cards on EBay. I just got a message from somebody willing to pay $5500 for the Mattingly. I may pull the trigger.

• Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭

What are you waiting for, jump at it and run

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Canaligator said:
    Thanks for the sound advice. I did list these cards on EBay. I just got a message from somebody willing to pay $5500 for the Mattingly. I may pull the trigger.

The fees will be over $750

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Posts: 551 ✭✭✭✭

@jfkheat said:

@Canaligator said:

The fees will be over $750

Still more than $3500.

• Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭✭✭

It has a bid on eBay now....

mint_only_pls
  • Options

Did OK on EBay. Sold the Jeter for $2000, Montana $800, along with some others. Have a $5000 bid on the Mattingly which ends on Friday. Hate paying the fees but still worth it.

• Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 9, 2021 9:45AM

@Canaligator said:
    Did OK on EBay. Sold the Jeter for $2000, Montana $800, along with some others. Have a $5000 bid on the Mattingly which ends on Friday. Hate paying the fees but still worth it.

Perhaps?

Something to consider if you hit the 20K threshold:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/How-does-PayPal-report-my-sales-to-the-IRS-Will-I-receive-a-1099-tax-statement-FAQ729

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Selling/I-got-audited-because-of-a-paypal-1099-Need-help-with-ebay-and/td-p/23776110

The 200 transaction threshold may help you out although certain states as little as a $600 or $100 will trigger State notices.

Depending on many variables Private sales via non Paypal methods even if a bit lower in dollar amount may result in a higher net. You may very well do better by taking a $4000 private and non-paypal than $5-5.5K via ebay+paypal - then again I'm a collector who never sells cards :)

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.