Home Sports Talk
Options

Worst weather games in NFL history

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've decided to do a thread about the worst weather games in NFL history. This should be fun, and I will be working on this thread tomorrow as well.

Comments

• Options
    edited February 16, 2021 5:34PM

We'll start off with the 1981 AFC Championship game between the Chargers and the Bengals. It was known as the freezer bowl. Here is a highlights video and you can see how cold it was.

• Options
    edited February 16, 2021 5:51PM

The 1967 NFL Championship game between the Packers and Cowboys was known as the Ice Bowl. Check out this cool little video. The field was frozen.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually didn’t know about the freezer bowl, I definitely heard about the epic Ice Bowl though.

• Options

@perkdog said:
    I actually didn’t know about the freezer bowl, I definitely heard about the epic Ice Bowl though.

I also knew about the ice bowl, I just found out today about the freezer bowl, while researching bad weather games.

• Options

The 1977 NFL Playoff game between the Rams and the Vikings was known as "the mud bowl". I wanted to post a video, but for some reason the NFL won't allow Youtube vudeos to be viewed anywhere except on Youtube, so here's a picture, and you can see how bad the conditions were.

• Options

2017, Colts vs Bills. Check out this video.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

i remember Randall Cunningham playing in a fog game in the late 80s I believe. maybe against the bears?

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

also the tuck rule game.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@craig44 said:
    i remember Randall Cunningham playing in a fog game in the late 80s I believe. maybe against the bears?

Yes, the 1988 playoff game between the Eagles and Bears, also known as "the fog bowl."

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    The 1977 NFL Playoff game between the Rams and the Vikings was known as "the mud bowl". I wanted to post a video, but for some reason the NFL won't allow Youtube vudeos to be viewed anywhere except on Youtube, so here's a picture, and you can see how bad the conditions were.

And I absolutely remember watching that game 100%

• Options

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

And I absolutely remember watching that game 100%

Just look at Jack Youngblood covered in the slop, he looks more like Jack Youngmud!

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 85 Bears played a home playoff game against the Giants on a cold, windy December day in Chicago.

The Giants punter Shawn Landeta caught the snap, went to punt the ball, and it was so windy that the ball missed his foot. It wasn’t even a shank. Just a clear whiff.

• Options
    zippcityzippcity Posts: 888 ✭✭✭✭

1993 Thanksgiving day , Miami vs Dallas. Thanks leon.

Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bills vs Bengals sometime around 1968. White out blizzard. I was there. Couldn’t see the middle of the field. Booker Edgerson stripped the Bengals QB and out of the blizzard ran for a TD in our end zone. I’ve looked it up a few times. I’m thinking 16-6 final.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    edited February 17, 2021 10:36AM

2011 Panthers vs Jaguars. I remember watching this game at home. The rain came pouring down and absolutely soaked the field, players were sliding around in puddles of water, you couldn't hardly see the game because even the cameras had water on them.

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 18, 2021 5:45AM

Kardiac kids vs Oakland Raiders at the mistake by the lake. Jan 4, 1981. Game time temp -5 degrees.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21