Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins

WTS: A collection of Silver German Medals from the 1700 and 1800s

Hi everyone,

Got the following coins for sale, some really nice historic medals. As always, $8 for tracked and insured shipping. Paypal accepted. Prices negotiable. These medals are often hard to price and find similar examples, so I'm basing them on similar medals, past examples sold, etc.
Thanks for looking!

(ND) around 1724, Bohemia AR Medal. Depicts Emperor Sigismund on the obverse, and the Imperial healings on the reverse. 35mm, 14.58g.(This is a later restrike in 1724, as Emperor Sigismund ruled from 1368-1437) (The only other example I could find is in the Baden State Museum) $320

1717 Nuremberg AR Medal. Celebrates the 200th anniversary of Martin Luther, a German priest who nailed his 95 theses on the chapel door of the University of Wittenberg. He would become an important figure in the protestant reformation. Obverse features a bust of Martin Luther, and reverse features a palm tree. (There is currently an example in better condition on vcoins for $250) $16

1730 Nuremberg AR Medal. Celebrates the 200th anniversary of the Augsburg confession. Obverse features the busts of two prominent members in the reformation, Martin Luther and Philipp Melanchthon. Reverse features Christ on a cloud. Wonderful condition, almost proof like fields. Sig.Erl.2490, 31.8mm, 14.96g. (A similar example is coming up for auction tomorrow, estimated at $400USD) $300

1768-1819 Nurnberg, AR Medal. Struck by D. F. Loos, commemorating Friendship. SEY VNSERE TREV (be true to one another), Jonathan and King David together || WIE DIESE ZWEY (just as these two do), olive tree below sun, with rural view behind. Erlanger 2210. 35mm, 10.17g (A similar example sold for $295 in the CNG coin shop) $200

1770 Netherlands, AR Medal. Struck by Gysbert van Moelingen. Celebrates the birth of Princess Louise of Orange-Nassau, minted under William V or Orange. Bust of William V right || Baby being delivered by personification of Holland from Cloud, surrounded by lion. 38mm, 20.96g. (The only other example I could find is in the British Museum, donated by King George IV himself, linked in comment. This example has a small, neatly struck hole on the reverse that indicates it may have been worn as a pendant. An exceedingly rare medal) $250

1700s Nuremberg AR Medal, commemorates friendship. CONSTANTER ET SINCERE, two babies playing in front of a pillar || ACCIPE DAQUE FIDEM AMICVM PROBA PROVATVM AMA, 3 figures in front of a fire. 38mm, 22.25g. (I wasn't able to find much info about this medal, but the imagery and strike indicates its from the 1700s. very beautifully designed medal) $150

1803 Baden-Burlach. Karl Friedrich AR Homage Medal. On the Homage in the Baden Palatinate. Draped bust right || ANDENKEN DER HULDIGUNG IN DER BADISCHEN PFALZGRAFSCHAFT MANNHEIM D 7 IUNI 1803). Wielandt-Zeitz 131. 35mm, 14.44g. (CNG sold a slightly better example for $280 in 2008) $200

1803 Germany, AR religious medal. ER SEGNETE SIE, Jesus blesses two children || SEY GETREU BIS IN DEN TOD SO WILL ICH DIR DIE KRONE DES LEBENS GEVEN, chalice on bible. 40mm, 18.98g. $80

1882 Prussia, AR Medal. Celebrates 50th anniversary of the Silesian Racing Club. Heads of Wilhelm I and Frederick III || City Goddess with race in background. A massive medal, 50mm, 58.63g. $120

1889 Prussia, AR Medal. Celebrates the anniversary of Wilhelm II and Auguste Viktoria. Another massive medal, 45mm, 50.71g. Cleaned. $90

1924 Austria AR Medal, Presented at the Consecration of Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception. Obverse shows a nativity scene, reverse depicts the cathedral. (a SP-63 example is on ebay for $525) $200