Home Sports Talk
Options

Last one, I promise

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,181 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi there! This will be the last Carson Wentz thread I start, I promise. It looks like Wentz may very well be headed to the Colts, and head coach Frank Reich believes that the Colts can build around Carson Wentz. Is this possible? Has he lost his marbles, or is he a mad genius? You know, Frank and Carson go back a ways.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.stampedeblue.com/platform/amp/2021/2/13/22281335/report-frank-reich-believes-the-colts-could-build-around-eagles-qb-carson-wentz-if-traded-to-indy

Comments

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Time will tell.

• Options

Bump. This thread is the most important thread ever created, and therefore bump!

• Options

Last I heard, no one has offered them a first- which they are holding out for.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,842 ✭✭✭✭✭

I learned a long time ago if an employee is disgruntled, get rid of them.

Their negative attitude not only affects their particular job performance, but it can rub-off on other employees.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    Hi there! This will be the last Carson Wentz thread I start, I promise.

Don't make promises that you might not be able to keep. 😬

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

DD has his entire life savings invested in Carson Wentz rookie cards, and is desperately trying to bump up the price with countless numbers of Carson Wentz threads.

I've seen this type of trick before.

• Options

@stevek said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

DD has his entire life savings invested in Carson Wentz rookie cards, and is desperately trying to bump up the price with countless numbers of Carson Wentz threads.

So you're saying that you were in on his long con? Because no one, and I mean no one hyped Wentz like you. But to be fair, I remember when the Eagles started to slip post SB and you said that the HC appeared to be making terrible decisions. So you knew the ship was sinking.

I don't buy cards, but if I did, I think Wentz cards that have lost a lot of value might be a good pickup just in case he is reclamated. (I guess that is not a word? Someone help me. )

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@stevek said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

So you're saying that you were in on his long con? Because no one, and I mean no one hyped Wentz like you. But to be fair, I remember when the Eagles started to slip post SB and you said that the HC appeared to be making terrible decisions. So you knew the ship was sinking.

I don't buy cards, but if I did, I think Wentz cards that have lost a lot of value might be a good pickup just in case he is reclamated. (I guess that is not a word? Someone help me. )

<<< So you're saying that you were in on his long con? >>>

I would have been, but DD never asked me to join his gang.

<<< reclamated >>>

That's what happens when somebody drinks too much beer and eats too many clams at the same time.

;)

• Options
    edited February 15, 2021 9:58AM

@stevek said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

This is one of Wentz's hottest rookie cards, the price you ask? Try $999.00 + shipping, and let's not forget the ebay tax. By the time you're at the checkout, you're in over a grand for this puppy! I do not own it but, if you would like to purchase it Steve, it's available on ebay right now, but you'll have to hurry because they're selling like hotcakes!

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@stevek said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

This is one of Wentz's hottest rookie cards, the price you ask? Try $999.00 + shipping, and let's not forget the ebay tax. By the time you're at the checkout, you're in over a grand for this puppy! I do not own it but, if you would like to purchase it Steve, it's available on ebay right now, but you'll have to hurry because they're selling like hotcakes!

I can't even afford 99 cents, even with free shipping. 🤑

• Options
    edited February 15, 2021 11:28AM

Here is the latest breaking news on the Carson Wentz drama. It is looking very unlikely that anyone is willing to meet Howie Roseman's asking price of a first round pick for Carson Wentz.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/carson-wentz-trade-reportedly-unlikely-to-net-first-round-pick-for-philadelphia-eagles/ar-BB1dHlXj

• Options

Wow, when Belichick doesn't want him, that's when you know there's a problem.

Maybe the Eagles could ask for a cheerleader as compensation?

• Options

@stevek said:

I knew that breaking news story would lure you into my Carson Wentz trap! You're a hardcore Eagles fan, and you can't help but respond to these stories. You're like that mouse on Chip 'n' Dales Rescue Rangers, that was always hypnotized and lured in by the cheese!

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@stevek said:

I knew that breaking news story would lure you into my Carson Wentz trap! You're a hardcore Eagles fan, and you can't help but respond to these stories. You're like that mouse on Chip 'n' Dales Rescue Rangers, that was always hypnotized and lured in by the cheese!

My fingers are aching right now.

I put a little bit of ointment on there to ease the pain.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 16, 2021 9:37AM

Redheads are problem people. If possible avoid them.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Carson Wentz is no Mitch Trubisky.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 16, 2021 10:09AM

• Options

@Hydrant said:

My Ex Wife was a Red Head, she was hot but OMG not worth it 😂😂😂

• Options

@perkdog said:

@Hydrant said:

Women...can't live with 'em, can't live with 'em...but we'll keep trying. LOL

• Options

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@Hydrant said:

Yep 😅

• Options

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@Hydrant said:

Yep 😅

beware women grown old who were never anything but young

-Charles Bukowski