Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

1966 Panama Crown

300,000 mintage
.9 silver

I like it !

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
I give away money. I collect money.
I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

Comments

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2021 3:16PM

I like the series as well. I would not get caught up with the mintage figure for this date as I suspect probably less than half the population has survived... While I do not like the design modification for the 1953 Balboa, those are fairly though in 65 and higher. This series is about what survived in GEM and it is likely less than we think.

edited to add... I really like the reverse on the earlier dates- 1931, 1934 and 1947. The reverse of the1953 was modified and technically it is a one year type

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 1953 is actually a commemorative.

@coinkat said:
    I like the series as well. I would not get caught up with the mintage figure for this date as I suspect probably less than half the population has survived... While I do not like the design modification for the 1953 Balboa, those are fairly though in 65 and higher. This series is about what survived in GEM and it is likely less than we think.

edited to add... I really like the reverse on the earlier dates- 1931, 1934 and 1947. The reverse of the1953 was modified and technically it is a one year type

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭

@amwldcoin

Good point... I should have made reference to that and just plain forgot. Thanks for pointing that out. The 1953 maybe the toughest in GEM... just not the most attractive.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    1984worldcoins1984worldcoins Posts: 596 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coinsof1984@martinb6830 on twitter