Options

German Coin: Paul K Lindenburg 1847-1934

Is this an error on the reverse side of this coin

. The 5 inside the circle.

Comments

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,791 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forum

No error... this is simply play money and not real. The name is Paul Von Hindenburg... not Paul K Lindenburg.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is a post war play money or counter coin mimicking the 5 mark silver coin of the 1930's but with the numeral 5 in place of where the swastika was on the real coin.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

Spielgeld translates to play money. You'll also see the word Spielmark on many German tokens and counting pieces. When you see that, you know it's not an officially issued coin.

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a 1935-F Proof 5 mark coin that uses the same obverse.

Jim

Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options

Thank you folks for your time. I really appreciate it.

• Options

This is play money. It also differs significantly in size and weight from the original

• Options

@Cocoinut said:

Jim

But unfortunately this is not an original.

• Options

@Marty111 said:

@Cocoinut said:

Jim

Why do you say it's not original?

Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options

@Cocoinut said:

@Marty111 said:

@Cocoinut said:

Jim

Why do you say it's not original?

The picture shows a replica which is available on eBay. There are some Third Reich coins in proof quality. But these do not look like this

• Options

This is NOT a replica! It was graded PR66DCAM by PCGS. Here's their photo with the cert #. Last I heard, they don't grade replicas. If you still believe it is, you should let them know of their error. Maybe you can get a job as a grader.

• Options

PCGS graded only original coins. Congratulations. This is then but really a magnificent specimen. I have never seen an original coin in this quality. However, there are copies that look exactly like this.The copy I know also had no marginal inscription. Therefore, I am very suspicious here.