Home Sports Talk

The report of my death was an exaggeration.’ --- Mark Twain.

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 7, 2021 7:33AM in Sports Talk

To update this to Sports Forum relevance, the decline of Lebron James has been exxagerated in an earlier thread which questioned his skills. I've watched some highlights and one thing is clear, he still has "it" which separates him from his peers, doesn't appear to me that he suffers from Diminishing Skills at all.

Al H.

Comments

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm the first to call out LA sports figures for not performing well (ie Goff).

I've watched everyone of LeBron's Laker games.

There is no other NBA player I would trade for him (including KD, Curry, Greek freak).

Haters going to hate. But even they know he's the greatest since Kobe, and MJ.

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

while I tend to veer away from the "hate" word, that is the only thing that explains how some people, lot's of them, feel about LeBron. much of it has to do with the worship of Jordan. I can't understand why one has to be demonized to safeguard the reputation and legacy of the other, but it's a reality. one ex-member, Dimeman, loved Jordan so much he felt as though it was heresy not to feel the same. silly, just two fabulous players who can both be respected as such at the same time.

back to LeBron, he doesn't seem to have lost anything. still hits three-pointers, still drives hard to the rim, still a good defender, still a good passer who shares the ball and always finds the open man. in the short game recap I just watchedhe mad a pass from the just outside the arc to the opposite right corner, it was four feet off the floor, though traffic like a bullet and right on target. it caught everyone off guard.

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 12,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 7, 2021 6:43PM

I wonder when father time will come into play and cause a noticeable drop off in the performance level of LeBron James.

He is the poster child of the term ironman.

With his devotion to caring for his body and his body structure his durability is amazing. I do not recall him suffering any significant injury during his playing career.

Kobe suffered a severe injury around 35 years of age and he did not last much longer. James does not show any sign of slowing down.

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:

_ still hits three-pointers, _

They don't keep stats, but I would bet he's made more deep threes (especially from the arena logo area) than anyone

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,997 ✭✭✭✭✭

Watching Lebron James is as timeless as listening to Art Tatum. It really is beyond words

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

the thing with the three's is his quickness, something the defender has to account. he does it all the time, makes a move inside the arc, steps back with no defender and drains a three.