Home Sports Talk

Andy Reid's son being investigated for DUI

craig44craig44 Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

just read that on thursday night, Britt Reid hit two parked cars causing serious injuries to a 5 year old child. ESPN is reporting he admitted to having 2 or 3 drinks and he is being investigated for dui. He is also a coach on the Chiefs.

Honestly, 3 nights before the super bowl? what an idiot. Just as if Andy needs to deal with this crap. from everything I have read, andy is a great guy. a shame.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

Comments

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5, 2021 9:20PM

2 or 3 drinks likely means 4 to 6.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • stevekstevek Posts: 28,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not going into details, but Andy has had personal problems with his family before.

Some of which began just as he seemed to be on the decline with the Eagles, and in my opinion it was one reason Jeff Lurie got rid of him, because it didn't seem like Andy was snapping out of it.

But sometimes getting fired can be a wake-up call of sorts in various ways.

His son injuring a five year old child is quite egregious. How it affects Andy's coaching ability in the upcoming game, i doubt if even Andy knows, but it certainly can't be good.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

You have to be an idiot to drink and drive. Andy should fire his son, there's no excuse for that.
    Just like there was no excuse for the socialite and the ex Twins pitcher to be racing their cars
    and her hitting two kids and killing them, and then driving away until her car quits on her.
    Complete idiocy, she should spend the rest of her life in jail. Andy's son should get serious jail time.

• stevekstevek Posts: 28,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:
    You have to be an idiot to drink and drive. Andy should fire his son, there's no excuse for that.
    Just like there was no excuse for the socialite and the ex Twins pitcher to be racing their cars
    and her hitting two kids and killing them, and then driving away until her car quits on her.
    Complete idiocy, she should spend the rest of her life in jail. Andy's son should get serious jail time.

I forget the year, but Eagles player Jerome Brown who very likely would have been a Hall of Fame defensive lineman, in a car crash with him driving with his nephew, killed himself and his nephew, while speeding and losing control of the car.

Brown wasn't drinking, but nevertheless was being very reckless. One would think NFL players would remember things like that...and you're right, there's no excuse for it. Just plain irresponsibility.

On a football note, that tragic incident probably cost the Eagles one or more Super Bowls. Brown was that good.

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe a son of Reid's had substance abuse or alcohol problems in the past. Is this the same one?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    2 or 3 drinks likely means 4 to 6.

m

Or 8-10.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • DarinDarin Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:
    I believe a son of Reid's had substance abuse or alcohol problems in the past. Is this the same one?

I don't think that son is with us any longer unless I'm mistaken.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's something no one should ever do, is get behind the wheel of a car after drinking. It's just total disregard for the other people out in public. If I drink one sip of beer, just one sip, I'm not going anywhere. It's just total stupidity and lack of consideration for the people out in public.

• TabeTabe Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:

Yes. He's done time for running a drug house. He also pulled a gun on someone in a road rage incident.

Not only should he be fired, he should never have been hired.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

there goes the super bowl for the chiefs

they need to go back to only taking a 1 week break again. These idiots cant keep it together for 14 days

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

I read that Britt had a DUI a number of years ago. pathetic. I have a no tolerance policy for DUI. Personally, I think it should be one and done. get caught once, no more driving. ever. driving is not a right and DUI is a wanton disregard for everyone else on the road.

I feel terrible for the poor 5 year old injured in this mess. I also feel awful for coach reid. He should be able to focus 100% on tomorrows game and as any parent knows, his attention will now be split. a terrible shame all around

one of the reasons i quit drinking was that i really enjoyed drunk driving and the sober next day version of me was frightened by that.

The final straw was an incident which left the bumper of my 77 cougar full of tree branches and me with no memory of any of it but it was described to me as a sunday morning lawn donut rampage up and down both sides of some neighborhood

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why the investigation after the fact? Shouldn't he have had a breathalyzer at the scene?

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

i read that he had a breathalyzer at scene, but they were doing a blood test as well. he also admitted to drinking before hand

cops are chiefs fans probably just let him drive home ;)

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:

i caught this. in addition to what you said, she also carried one of the dead boys on the hood of her car for 100 feet while fleeing the scene.

one of the worst things i have ever read

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

Every person pulled over for a DUI says, " I had 2 or 3 beers."

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m not going to throw stones because I shamefully drank and drove for 35 years honestly. My girl got a DUI in 2019 and it was absolute hell dealing with it. It was a serious wake up call for both of us and thankfully she didn’t harm anyone nor did I ever hurt anyone. Now it’s no more than a single beer for me if I’m driving and that’s it, I got the Uber app so if I drink more than one beer or two with dinner it’s Uber time. My girl won’t even have a sip and drive ever again. It’s potentially tragic and in today’s world with Uber or lift it’s really so easily 100% completely avoidable to drink and drive. No excuses nowadays.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,600 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bad omen for KC. Along with the earlier in week Covid scare with 2 KC players. They still may rise above the distractions.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,600 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BLUEJAYWAY said:
    Bad omen for KC. Along with the earlier in week Covid scare with 2 KC players. They still may rise above the distractions.

I guess not.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".