Home Q & A Forum
Options

New to collecting. Have questions on error coins

I would like to get some opinions on a few coins I found recently. Is there any value here?

Comments

• Options
    dagingerbeastttdagingerbeasttt Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭

The 1960 D- looks to have die chips.
    The 1989- that is fairly common in that year and does not add any premium.
    The 86. - I am unsure of.
    As far as value. iMHO 3 cents
    Good luck😊 and welcome to the forum!!

• Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

60D = minor die chips.
    89= misaligned die (MAD)
    86D = mint marks were individually punched into dies by hand until 1989. Locations can vary

Sorry, but none of these have any extra value

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options

Thanks for the input.
    I did read somewhere that the 1960 D small date has some value. Is that not true?

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forum! :)

The 1960 D small date will bring a little more than a large date in uncirculated condition.
    Yours is circulated and is worth a cent.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

But...good eye and good photos.

Keep them for reference as examples of these issues.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

it does look like a small date.

work on photo lighting

we have a us coin forum. you'll get more and better replies there

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine "we have a us coin forum. you'll get more and better replies there"

They may get more replies but when new collectors post basic questions they tend to get raked over the coals for not doing a little research first. Once a new member gets their head bit off on the main board they tend to get discouraged and leave the forum. Are you trying to discourage and drive away new members? I'm not sure how they could get any "better" replies than they have received here, the question has been answered, there is no need for 20 more people to say the same thing. This is the Q&A forum "Questions & Answers" this is the perfect place to ask basic questions and there is no need to clutter up the main board with it. Many of your post here direct new members to post on another board. Maybe we should just get rid of the Q&A board so no one posts here. What posts are okay to post here?

• Options

Q & A - Collectors Corner questions, pcgs questions, psa, pse questions, forum use questions (ex: how do I post pics?)

as far as better, should the poster return with more questions, in general, there will be more and better replies on the us coin forum than the less traveled Q&A forum

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options