Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Raw World Currency Scans

Here are a couple of notes from Yugoslavia. I must confess my real favorites are from Mexico, Central and South American, but I do like some of European countries too.

Hope you all enjoy these. There will be a lot more scans coming.

Comments

• Options
    Serial_no_8Serial_no_8 Posts: 424 ✭✭✭

Nice "bammerbb" the first look like P-85 & the hyperinflation note is P-133

Here's P-70 from 1955

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

This jewel was included when I purchased the 6 volume set of the American Bank Note Company Archive Series.

Back of sample note.

• Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 17, 2021 8:30PM

Commemorative Rama 9 Thai note made from gold by De La Rue

• Options
    EagleScout2017EagleScout2017 Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2021 2:56PM

A personal favorite of mine, I felt that out of all the scans I've done in the past month or so, this one turned out the best, in my opinion.

delenda est WitterU

• Options

Lovely examples guys! (love the backs on the 1935 &37 BOC notes "EagleScout")
    Here's one of my favourite raw world notes, (P-181 1000 Escudos) from Portugal:

• Options
    bammerbbbammerbb Posts: 162 ✭✭✭

Beautiful notes all of them. I especially like the gold one and the Canadian one but all are nice.

• Options

I've been busy scanning, but am only half finished. Scanning my raw currency and entering them into my software takes time, but it's nice to be able to inspect the engraving and vignettes. I'm going to post 3 notes. The first 2 are my only 2 notes that are not uncirculated. The first note is from the Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia. When Germany annexed Czechoslovakia, the Sudetenland and other parts were merged into Germany but put Bohemia and Moravia as a Protectorate. The second note is a 10 francs from Belgium, under the authority of the Government in Exile. These 2 notes then went thru WW2 and my father brought them back when he came home in 1946. The third note I purchase to go with the Belgium note from Dad. Hope you enjoy them.

• Options

@bammerbb said:
    Beautiful notes all of them. I especially like the gold one and the Canadian one but all are nice.

-Thanks 'bammerbb'
    I like these ones from France:
    P-157a 50 Francs (first note printed in 1992 with some notational irregularities that are later revised)

P-154f 100 Francs (love this design)

P-160d 500 Francs (last French issue before the Euro)

• Options

Most of these are VERY colorful which I like, however the one I like best is P154f. Thanks for posting.