Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Membership and BGS Crossover question

Looking to renew my expired membership and saw that some are opting to submit as non-members since only the non-voucher Silver membership is available. Doesn’t the Silver membership still get you preferred pricing for lots over 20 ($10 for pre-1971 and $12 for post ‘71)? Seems it still makes sense.

Also, have 10 1986 OPC Patrick Roy rookies graded by BGS that range from 7.5 to 8.5. Am hearing that grading is tougher on crossovers and there may be a better chance of a higher PSA if cracked and submitted raw.

Is the crossover cost much more than grading raw and can I include them in a 20 card lot of a Sulver member?

Comments

• Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭

Welcome. I would advise to crack them out if you want them in PSA slabs. Further, in my experience, most BGS cards I have sent to PSA drop about one grade even when I have cracked them out. There have been times when the grade has crossed just fine too. Just something to think about.

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Fatty98 said:
    Looking to renew my expired membership and saw that some are opting to submit as non-members since only the non-voucher Silver membership is available. Doesn’t the Silver membership still get you preferred pricing for lots over 20 ($10 for pre-1971 and $12 for post ‘71)? Seems it still makes sense.

Also, have 10 1986 OPC Patrick Roy rookies graded by BGS that range from 7.5 to 8.5. Am hearing that grading is tougher on crossovers and there may be a better chance of a higher PSA if cracked and submitted raw.

Is the crossover cost much more than grading raw and can I include them in a 20 card lot of a Sulver member?

BGS 7.5-8.5s aren't going to be valued less than $199.