Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Cardinals Get Nolan Arenado! I'm pumped!

frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been hoping that the Cardinals could get Nolan Arenado from the Rockies for the last couple of years. It looks like they have pulled it off according to Ken Rosenthal!

Outside of the impossibility of acquiring Mike Trout I can't think of a better fit for the Cardinals! 8 time Gold Glove winner. Four-time Platinum Glove winner. 4 time Silver Slugger Award winner. Five-time All-Star. 3 time home run champion. I grant you that it was in Colorado but I think his road home splits are good.

I'm psyched!

Shane

Comments

• Options
    hslicehslice Posts: 74 ✭✭

Catching up on the news. It's not reported who they gave up?

• Options

Possibly Austin Gomber and a couple of prospects.

Shane

• Options
    tkerstingtkersting Posts: 136 ✭✭✭

So pumped as a cards fan.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

You think his home-road splits are good? You might be in for a surprise.
    At least you'll have a great player when the Cards visit Colorado.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    hslicehslice Posts: 74 ✭✭

I would've expected they'd have to give away their top tier prospects so I'm shocked if Gomber was the highlight of the players going back to CO.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

will actually be watching his bat now. think it's a good move for his hof chances to have gotten out of co. not that he wasn't a good candidate for the hall but that colorado stigma woulda followed him forever. very curious to see what happens now...

• Options

Matt Holiday (though not a HOF'er) seemed to make the move from Colorado to St Louis quite nicely.

Shane

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@frankhardy said:
    Matt Holiday (though not a HOF'er) seemed to make the move from Colorado to St Louis quite nicely.

yea, but clark grizzwald went from chicago to st. louis and it didn't go near as smooth.

• Options

@blurryface said:

@frankhardy said:

yea, but clark grizzwald went from chicago to st. louis and it didn't go near as smooth.

LOL

Shane

• Options
    lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 865 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tkersting said:
    So pumped as a cards fan.

i am also what a great player for the cardinals to have. the cardinals needed a big bat to help goldschmidt.

• Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:

Arenado's days of leading the league in HR or RBI are certainly over, but I am thrilled the Cardinals got him. On the road, Arenado is a 30-HR / 30-double guy who drives in 90 and slugs .470. Any team gets better adding that, but any team that adds that to replace Matt Carpenter gets a lot better. It's not like the Cards, though, to sign someone right after such a terrible season; I assume they have reason to be confident that Arenado's 2020 suckiness wasn't the beginning of a trend.

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options
    emaremar Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭

What's his best RC?

• Options

@dallasactuary said:

@Darin said:

Arenado's days of leading the league in HR or RBI are certainly over, but I am thrilled the Cardinals got him. On the road, Arenado is a 30-HR / 30-double guy who drives in 90 and slugs .470. Any team gets better adding that, but any team that adds that to replace Matt Carpenter gets a lot better. It's not like the Cards, though, to sign someone right after such a terrible season; I assume they have reason to be confident that Arenado's 2020 suckiness wasn't the beginning of a trend.

He had a shoulder balking on him last year is my understanding. I have heard he is 100% now.

Shane

• Options

@emar said:
    What's his best RC?

Not sure about his best, but his main RC is 2013 Topps Update

Shane

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

it will be interesting to see how the second half of his career pans out in st louis.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.