Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1975 Topps 320 Pete Rose

For the record, I posted this same thing on BST as well. I am interested in your expert opinions more than selling the cards so I posted here too. I apologize if it is annoying to any of you.

Right now, I am sitting on 1 PSA 9, 10 PSA 8, and 10 PSA 7 1975 Topps 320 Pete Rose cards. Plus a ton (at least 30) of gradable raw 75 Roses (IMO). In addition, I have nine of the same going thru the PSA grading process right now. With the market seemingly going crazy, I am not sure whether to hold or sell. A PSA 9 75 Rose went for a touch over $800 last night, for example.

I also literally have several hundred (closer to a thousand) PSA NM-MT to MINT gradeable 75 to 80 Topps AS cards sitting and about 100 others in the grading process currently. Plus hundreds of graded PSA 8 and above cards stashed from back in the day. I obviously don't need all of them but am unsure of what to do. Is the market simply a reflection of COVID or a more permanent investor-driven thing? Also, is it worth going through a third party to sell if I choose to do so? Your advice and opinions are very much appreciated!
Bobby

Comments

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 75 topps Rose has always been one of my favorite cards. I would hold on to the PSA 9. And probably hold on to a few of the PSA 8's.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bobby - you have always had a great eye for those all star cards. I view 8's from those era's as "commodity cards". if they were mine I'd hold back anything I'd likely crack out to resubmit, but would probably send a bunch of "standard" 8's to PWCC to sell during this spike. With your eye, I doubt you'd miss them.

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭

@Bosox1976 said:
    Bobby - you have always had a great eye for those all star cards. I view 8's from those era's as "commodity cards". if they were mine I'd hold back anything I'd likely crack out to resubmit, but would probably send a bunch of "standard" 8's to PWCC to sell during this spike. With your eye, I doubt you'd miss them.

Thanks Mike! That's good advice. :)