Home Q & A Forum
Options

Coin/Medal and Document Encapsulation

DrDarrylDrDarryl Posts: 585 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 29, 2021 9:21AM in Q & A Forum

I have several coins/ medals with documents that attest to a POTUS connection. In some cases a full-chain of legal ownership from the POTUS-to-Original Recipient-to-Current Owner (me) is documented with various documents. In other cases documents show POTUS gifting. Is it possible to encapsulate these documents along with the coin/medal?

First Day of Issue 1971-S Uncirculated Eisenhower Dollar (blue pack) gifted by President Nixon.
Can the White House envelop and letter be encapsulated? Also the blue soft pack? There is also a letter of provenance from the late congressman's estate describing the full-chain-of-legal ownership (President Nixon->Congressman-> Current Owner (me).

First Day of Issue 1964-P Uncirculated Kennedy Half Dollar gifted by President Johnson.
Can the White House envelop and letter be encapsulated? There is also a letter of provenance from the late congressman's estate describing the full-chain-of-legal ownership (President Nixon->Congressman-> Current Owner (me).

Token of Appreciation gifted by President Eisenhower
Encapsulation of the medal, card and envelope?

I have other medals with documents from the original recipient's heirs stating they were a gift from President Eisenhower.

My website on the POTUS appreciation medals https://potus-sgm.com/

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,790 ✭✭✭✭✭

The coin stapled to the LBJ letter is a different situation, but for the others I am not sure what the purpose of slabbing/encapsulation really is.

You can't prove, for example, that the blue Ike is the one that originally came with the letter, and I am not sure PCGS would be in a position to guarantee that.

In these cases, the provenance you have is about as good as it gets, but I think it stands on its own.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you want to display the group as a wall hanging then a trip to an art supply store should be where you can find the right frame footprint with a matted border. Might be a good way to go. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall