Home Autographs Forum
Options

Identify Autographs - Chicago Area Sports Figures mid-1960s

I would appreciate help in identifying these autographs.

Context: I have an autograph book from an event that I attended when I was about 9 or 10 years old. The event was a mid- to late-1960s sports celebrity dinner hosted by the Chicago Blackhawks. It might have been called something like the Chief Red Cloud Banquet, but I don’t remember.

This book includes 29 autographs by Chicago sports figures including George Blanda, Dizzy Trout, Lou Boudreau, Bobby Hull, Dennis Hull, Keith Magnuson, Randy Hundley, Don Kessinger, Gabby Hartnett, Brian Piccolo, and others.

There are 5 signatures in the book that I cannot identify, seen in the pictures below. I appreciate any help you can provide, or suggestions on where else to go to solve these mysteries.

Comments

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 29, 2021 9:47AM

I dont know any of these but just from trying to read them...

1. Joe Maicom or Marcom
    2. J ----
    3. Jim Wiste
    4. ---
    5. Ving or Vinc C---
  • Options

JBK - thanks, that's already helpful. From Wikipedia: Wiste was signed as a free agent by the NHL Chicago Black Hawks in 1968.

So that fits the timeframe and sports team. I think that means that one is identified. Thanks!

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 29, 2021 4:49PM

I believe number 2 is Jim Pappin, and number 4 is Eric Nesterenko.

Steve

• Options

Number 5 is probably Virgil Carter while he was the Bears' QB.

Steve

• Options

And number 1 is probably Joe Marconi of the Bears.

Steve

• Options

Steve/SDSportsFan - WOW! That's great. All are now identified. Thank you very much!