Home Q & A Forum
Options

A silver coin(?) With strange sigils

Hi, I have no knowledge of coins or the history of coins. I just have a lot of them thanks to my dad gifting me then from his work. He's a trucker.

He gifted me this coin a a long time ago, and when I can ill ask him if he remembers where he found it. But I'm just so confused by it. Honestly I don't even know if this is a coin.

I have brought it to my history professor who said it has some Latin on one side. He mentioned that it had something like trust in God, so I assume it's tied to Christianity.

Anybody got an ideas?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,673 ✭✭✭✭✭

It appears to be an old medallion due to the remnants of the broken off loop. Seems to be Latin in cursive, I see the word Gloria but that's all I've got. Diameter, weight, magnetic? Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

My observations/guesses:

1. Not a coin
    2. Cast (not struck)
    3. Pewter or some other similar metal (not silver).

Would be interested in knowing the meaning of the design.