Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

PSA Silver membership

I mostly collect Hockey and Baseball cards. I just bought the Silver membership with PSA and if I'm reading it right, I make submissions for $12-$15 per card, which is a great deal....why are people in my local area paying $80/card? I'm assuming it's based on turnaround time? Also when making a submission, it seems like I can only submit cards from certain years, for example 1972-2017 with a minimum of 20 cards, but if I have newer cards, say 2018-present, those would have to be a separate submission? Any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Comments

• nendeenendee Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

Another question. How did they “sell” out of gold memberships?

Cubs and Purdue Fan - Ouch!

My collecting blog: http://ctcard.wordpress.com
  • daltexdaltex Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Donoran said:
    I mostly collect Hockey and Baseball cards. I just bought the Silver membership with PSA and if I'm reading it right, I make submissions for $12-$15 per card, which is a great deal....why are people in my local area paying $80/card? I'm assuming it's based on turnaround time? Also when making a submission, it seems like I can only submit cards from certain years, for example 1972-2017 with a minimum of 20 cards, but if I have newer cards, say 2018-present, those would have to be a separate submission? Any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers.

If the cards are valued over $200 you can't use the "Value" service. Express is $75 for cards valued under $2500. It all depends what the cards are worth.

Yes, if you are submitting at the "Value" level your submission must be broken into different years depending.

• blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Donoran said:

yes, 2018+ is considered ultra modern and will run you $15/. w 10 month turnaround

those paying $80 seems like a group sub for the 20-35 day turnaround that is either express or regular service levels.

• nendeenendee Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

The better deal was getting free subs and a silver membership when you got gold. And it was only $20 more. I’d hold off on buying silver until they open gold again.

Cubs and Purdue Fan - Ouch!

My collecting blog: http://ctcard.wordpress.com
  • PorkinsPorkins Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

I have a question, fellas. I haven’t submitted in a few years. Am I understanding it right, that with the only membership option currently available being Silver, there isn’t a way (other than piggybacking) for someone who doesn’t currently have a membership to buy access to submitting cards valued over $200?

Thanks for the help

• CakesCakes Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

@nendee said:
    The better deal was getting free subs and a silver membership when you got gold. And it was only $20 more. I’d hold off on buying silver until they open gold again.

Could be waiting awhile.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.