Home Sports Talk
Options

Favre or Rodgers?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

Which one would you take in their prime, the gunslinger Brett Favre or Aaron Rodgers?

Comments

• Options
    edited January 27, 2021 12:55PM

I was watching a little highlight reel of Brett Favre earlier, and I forgot how good he was. Here's a little video, strictly for entertainment purposes only!

• Options

Here's a little video of Favre destroying the Lions.

• Options

I tried to get a Youtube video of Favre's career highlights, but the NFL has some kind of copyright and you can't watch it here. It makes you go to Youtube to view it. It's very frustrating!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tough call!

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

give me brett. rodgers seems to be a shrinking violet when the pressure is on

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good question. With those two I'd take whoever I got and consider myself lucky.

• Options

It is a tough call, I remember Favre and Rodgers played each other 4 times I think, twice in 2009 and twice in 2010. Brett Favre was at the end of his career with the Vikings. So, they played each other 4 times and Favre won two and Rodgers won two. That really doesn't mean too much I guess, but it is interesting to know. If I had to choose, I would probably go with Favre, I always enjoyed watching him play. He had a cannon of an arm. This summer, when football season is over, I will be picking up a copy of the book that was written about him. I enjoy reading about stuff like this, and it will give me a way to stay attached to the game.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

As much as I can’t stand Rodgers I think I’d take him after thinking about it. Favre threw way too many interceptions

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

i also enjoy reading books about the game. i am currently at the very end of "the dynasty" great book

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fav-ra every time

• Options

@craig44 said:
    i also enjoy reading books about the game. i am currently at the very end of "the dynasty" great book

I might have to check that out. I have to stay connected to the game during the offseason or I'll go insane!

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27, 2021 7:23PM

Favre for me. Rodgers may have better stats but passing game is easier now than it was in Favre's era. Favre also got to 2 Super Bowls.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rodgers for the regular season and then when he gets in the playoffs put in whoever his backup is.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

Both great, Favre more fun to watch!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thinking about it, Rodgers gives me more confidence... But I have to pick Favre. @JoeBanzai sums it up perfectly.

@JoeBanzai said:
    Both great, Favre more fun to watch!

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coin flip

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......